Jio Fibre Postpaid billing

• Thread starter Thread starter yihoyok965
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21
  • Views Views 9,644
ISP
ACT, Hathway, JioFibre
I took a 6 months postpaid connection on 31st August 2021 and paid around 7K for 6months 999 plan +GST.
Accordingly, I should not have got any bills till 28th February 2022. But now I am seeing that in the bill generated for January 1 to 31st, I am already being asked to pay Rs.38 Balance. In the next month bill of 1st February to 28th February very likely I will be asked to pay another 1.1K (999 plan + GST).
When I contact the customer care, they say the amount that will be shown in February 1 to 28th bill is the rental for March. Since its a postpaid connection this doesn't make any sense to pay March rental in February bill itself. Anyone else if you are using Jio Postpaid connection can you confirm if there is some billing issue in my account that customer care is refusing to acknowledge

What is the actual amount paid on 31st August.

EXACT SAME problem here. Postpaid name is pure fraud. They are taking money in advance. I had paid for Nov-Dec-Jan (3 months in advance) but the app is asking me to pay for 1st Jan to 31st Jan 999+GST. Customer care insisted that the amount shown is for Feb 2022.

JIO is Fraud and as expected, they have started to show their true colours. I have asked TataPlay to wire my office too. Sick of Jio.

They did call it “jaadoo ka dibbaa” in their ads. ;)

Yes, advance rental is just another term for Prepaid. Funny how gullible they think people are and what’s worse is that a lot many are. His holiness will forever be who he is. It’s how they know to conduct their business.

I guess the only difference will be that services stop if you don't pay and maybe you can start later by recharging , whereas you keep getting billed regardless in case of advance rental

• The Subscribers are provided with advance rental options in all of the plans with associated benefits and discounts.
From the jio website under terms and conditions for postpaid

It's surprising that you paid over 7k and they didn't consider waiving off the security deposit. There are operators that waive off security deposit if you opt for anything above their monthly plans. Sad.

Update: Just read through the T&C. So if you want to cancel your services after 3/6/12 months, no refund of “refundable security deposit“.
One time refundable amount includes deposit for devices and advance towards installation services (Rs 1,000). Refundable only if service is discontinued within the 30 day trial period, upon return of devices in working condition

Last edited:

Back