Jio port forwarding

• Thread starter Thread starter vishysub
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 8,643

vishysub

ISP
Mtnl 3G Jadoo
I want to view remote IP cameras, since the remote location does not have internet access, I bought a TP-Link, TP-MR100 and inserted a Jio sim inside it.
Idea being that I could use it standalone with the ip-cameras without any PC.

I can see on the router page
Wan ip starts with 25.xx.xx.xx
Whats my ip shows somethings like 49.xx.xx.xx

From what I read on the forums that Jio has dual NAT so port forwarding will not work.

I'm hoping that i can make it work, will it work at least within Jio network, i don't mind viewing the stream with another jio sim or jiofi.
Although I have tried
1. Port forwarding from Jio sim, in MR100 router.
2. Accessing the remote location by publc iP (49.xx.xx.xx) from broadband as well as Jio tethered -> not working
3. Accessing the remote location by wan ip (25.xx.xx.xx) from broadband as well as Jio tethered -> not working

Is there any possibility of getting Jio to work, or any other provider like Airtel, Vodafone?
Will dyDNS help?

Last edited:

Kindly follow this thread - PS search the forums before raising a question as it leads to a confusion.

Hello, thanks for the link, I was using Jio LTE network with a sim card inserted into a Wifi router with sim support, that post seems to be related to Jio Fibre. I agree that most of the principles would apply.
However my IP cams are legacy IPV4 tech, don't know if IPv6 will apply to them.
Is there a workaround where I can access the ip cams even over jio network, even that's ok for me.
Pls suggest.

Today tried connecting to it by ddns (dynamic dns) and also from within Jio Network, put ports not reachable even within Jio network. I had heard reports that the ports are accessible from within jio network. But on testing found that this is not the case.
Kindly suggest.

Back