• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 3,926

imdarkray

n00b
ISP
Airtel Xstream, Jio Fiber, Railwire, Siti, Airtel 4G, Jio 4G, VI
Hi guys,

I am traveling to Kashmir next to next week and will be there for around 10 days.
I have heard that other states' Prepaid connection doesn't work there.
Hence, I plan to convert my Jio sim (primary) from prepaid to postpaid for a few months.

For this, I called the Jio customer care team twice and they told me, that I will have to visit the nearest Jio Store and that if I convert my SIM from prepaid to postpaid I will lose the existing balance and plan validity.
I am on a yearly UL plan which will expire in March 2023 and I do not want to lose it. If I remember correctly earlier Operators used to adjust the validity and balance if we switch from prepaid to postpaid.

I would like to know if anyone here has an idea about this? Or if there is any way I can keep my number active while I am in Kashmir.

TIA

One of my relative had took Airtel Postpaid plan before visiting to J&K. Then he closed connection after returning.

I've even heard that the postpaid connection should be at least 2 month old to be in service there. Is it true?

Maybe get a new sim and if you have 2 phones insert it into 2nd one and create a hotspot & if jio supports VoWifi there you'll be able to make & recieve SMS & calls. I maybe totally wrong here or it'll be a lot of headache for you but If I were in your situation I might have done something similar to it 😅

@SVK There is no such rule.
I went to the store yesterday. As my sim is on my Bro's name, they won't be able to convert it to postpaid in absence of him as his KYC need to be done.
Now the only solution I have is to port to some other operator. I wanted to switch to Jio 199 postpaid as that is the cheapest available.
And all other operator has a minimum of 399rs. plan.

Back