Kolkata Circle BRAS change

• Thread starter Thread starter mafiosa
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 1,121
ISP
Alliance Broadband | BSNL Fiber | SSWL | BSNL 3G
Hi everyone! Yesterday (29th June) at around 1:10 am suddenly the internet was not working.

Fiber was okay. However, ping wasn't working to any site or IP apart from the PPPoE server's IP.

After around 10-15 minutes, the connectivity was back and as checked by me the BRAS MAC address had changed. Now it has changed from Erricson to Nokia. MTU that was 1460 has changed to 1492. Despite last 6 months of chasing the exchange people they weren't able to change the MTU value from their end. I am using a Mikrotik 5011 router which clearly shows that the PPPoE server is sending MTU to be 1460.

IPv6 is not yet working despite BSNL's official RTI reply that within a month IPv6 will be rolled out completely. Lastly, since night Landline is not working and the local vendor's FE told me that they are facing a lot of issues with BB and LL not working since morning.

Would love to hear more from you all.

@mafiosa Many backend servers of BSNL are getting upgraded to latest machines/equipment and they are adding more security due to recent breach in the BSNL. (as per report from my area NIB)

They are also changing there Power Management system in many areas as well as changing NIBs for Upcoming 4G Rollout. Recently, Our state NIB was unstable for around 1 week due to changes in the backend but now it is working perfectly fine. As per BSNL SDO, Backend was getting updated during that period of time. So, i think users will face this issue when NIBs or Backends will get upgraded from old 1 - 10GBPS Machines to 100GBPS to 1TBPS Machines.

Regarding Landline Services, I think your Landline doesn't work on IP Configurations and setup on Local Vendor servers. You can get it changed from BSNL by saying that you want Direct Landline IP Configuration for your landline in place of Local Vendor server connectivity. This way, Your landline IP will never change and it will never get disconnected. Also, if you ever want to change your Location/Area within particular region, It'll be easy to setup your Landline connection through that way (Using same exchange at diff. area).

My Landline is on VoIP, but the entire LL and internet services in many areas are not working. God bless BSNL. I have static IP, till yesterday the upstream was Airtel but after the upgrade upstream has changed to Jio. I will surrender the connection if they do not change the upstream from Jio.

So the clowns at BSNL have not yet fixed my landline. They have no clue about what's wrong.

Can you share a screenshot of your landline configuration along with the starting 3 digits of your landline number in the screenshot? Feel free to blur personal information. VLAN and connection type should be there in the SS.
My LL was setup as static before migration to Nokia and now it is DHCP. VLAN changed from 1830 to 1831.

Back