Please need info on Reliance Pro3 Kolkata circle!!

• Thread starter Thread starter R Jain
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 8,169
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, so.. my Pro3 experience has not been that good. First day I was getting really slow speeds, like 20-30kb download. Then today, from past night, it wouldn't connect.. I did lodge a complaint on live chat.. anyway.. I thought the slow speed problem could be due to using the auxilliary usb ports in front of my desktop.. as I have a heavy closed desk, the fixed ports didn't offer line of sight. So I thought I would connect through the adapter and link with wifi.. unfortunately I didn't have a wifi dongle to catch the signal. So I hastily took out my wifi TP-Link router thinking I would use that before realizing after attaching it that, hey this thing is a router, it doesn't catch other wifi signals. So anyway, I had the bright idea that maybe just maybe I could somehow link the two together.. searching the web I found info about bridging but not all modems support it, thankfully my tp-link router had wds bridging support. sigh of relief. So I set up wds bridging.. and Init.. but no connect. There was some crap on the net about the device you want to bridge to should have repeater support, etc. anyway, I started messing around and changed the channel on my router.. no go. I became worried that my pro3 dongle might not have repeater support. I plugged in the dongle to my pc again and found in the settings "Channel". So i matched the two channels. And hey, it connected. I could even open the reliance page and all after messing with the dns. both the dongle and router use the same dns.. 192.168.0.1..I changed the one on my router to .100. So now I have the homepage open.. why am I getting nothing after connecting? After some time brooding, I had the idea to look through my eth settings in gnome shell. So I then after some thinking, decided to try inputting the gateway and route direct to the pro3 dongle dns I was connecting to and the ip address to a sub one of the dongle's dns address. Cool, net access.

Still crappy speeds though. 50kbyte d/l most of the time. Improvement, but still. Sometimes get up to 100kbyte so I can feel like the geek version of Sachin Tendulkar. At least I can browse the web, think I might have to retire from downloading and cinema altogether.

Oh yeah, if you have to connect from Android, you have to make sure your IP Address in Advanced settings is within Pro3 dongle's dhcp range, which one findeth in the dongle's settings page.

Any ideas if this is supposed to be the speed one gets or what? The signal bar is always full and stable. And my TP-link router is the extra special kind with high transmission rates.

No guarantee with these CDMA dongles. My Reliance 3 is giving an avg d/l speed of 70KB/s. Your experience tells me I saved some good money by not going for the Pro 3! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back