Landline Service from Reliance Jio Fiber

• Thread starter Thread starter undercover
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 109
  • Views Views 24,135
Yes. I am facing exactly the same issues you have mentioned.
Another major issue that I am facing is, whenever I call any other landline number from my Jio landline, the phone rings on the other person's side but I don't hear any ring tone on my side.
And when the other person picks the call, the call disconnects (beeping on both sides).
I am able to receive calls from landline numbers but the connection is not very clear. Most of the times, I hear my voice back.
The connection to other mobile numbers from Jio landline is much better.
Do you face this above issue? @SG_curiosity
No

Does caller id work for everyone mine is not working for a month now

If this helps, My jio fiber landline is very unreliable. Most of the time landline does not work even when the router is solid green and internet is working. I believe Jio rushed into this thing without adequate testing (for reasons best known to them).
Giving sops like free access to prime video, Zee 5, etc is of little use, when the main product itself is of suspect quality....

Yes indeed there landline service is not upto the mark as it should be although mine works well but facing issues with caller id on the landline instrument whereas it works fine on jiocall app

My landline is working pretty well. No issues. Even caller id on my Panasonic cordless works fine. Takes about 10 seconds for the outgoing call to connect but that is not a problem.

Do u have any corded landline at home and may be u can try whether it works on that and also please let us know which Panasonic cordless model u have so that i can buy the same

I have a corded landline at home but it doesn't have caller ID. So I won't be able to check on that.

The cordless model which I have is Panasonic KX-TGA434BX (it works on 5.8 GHz frequency). But this is a very old model. I had purchased it many years back when I was using MTNL landline. I don't even know if this model is available now or not. But you will definitely get a lot of newer models. And if caller id works properly on such an old model like mine then it should definitely work with the latest ones.

Yes indeed it should work with any Panasonic models than,actually i am not sure whether it is a specific issue on my connection or a general issue of unsupported landlines as earlier it was working on my existing landline devices.
Although customer care told that the number is displayed in +91 format so it should be supported by the device else number wont be displayed,can u please confirm if it is displayed as +91—— on ur cordless as I remember it displays it with +91

BTW, since we are on the topic of jiofiber landline, can someone (for whom it is working,) please confirm the following?

In Airtel Vfiber, we have different codes which we can use for call forwarding the Airtel vfiber landline to another number. Is this facility also available in Jio fiber landline?

Back