Latency issues when download/upload is loaded.

• Thread starter Thread starter Aetopia
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 19
  • Views Views 2,934
ISP
Jio AirFiber (100 Mbps)
Jio 4G/5G
I have contacted customer care on this regard but I would also like some opinions on why the following is happening:
Whenever the download/upload is loaded the latency shoots out of the roof making it impossible to do anything latency sensitive additionally when uploading files the upload speed will be pegged 5 Mbps (I have a 100 Mbps plan.).

When i run tracert google.com in Command Prompt, the packet route trace shows a huge latency jump on the router itself i.e 192.168.31.1.
Capture.png

In that regard what I am looking at:
1. A Hardware Issue? (The router is being problematic or faulty somehow?)
2. Backend issue? (The technicians that came when I raised this issue, told me they would be pushing out an update on their backend to see if that resolves the issue. Making it possible it is a backend issue by any chance?)
2. Area issue itself. (This could be a possible reason.)

Loaded latency on jio is same everywhere i.e. its high. We cannot do anything about that.

seems to be deep inspection that jio is doing might be causing it.

I am going to file a complain on CPGRAMS itself.
There are frequent disconnects and as mentioned in the post, upload speeds are capped are 5 Mbps when upload files only, speedtests report fine.
Also the speeds which are get aren't symmetrically (which they should be.).
It seems my connection is somehow dropping packets midway (sometimes websites don't load properly).

Jio Airfiber itself is a problem. All the otts getting buffering during evening. Multiple complaints raised but nothing happening.

Update:
Technicians came in today and the following was noted:
1. The stability issues seem to be a backend issue entirely, I have another household in my building that has JioAirFiber who told me today that they are having the same issues as me.
2. The Outdoor Unit was not in "Splitter" mode they said, apparently whoever installed JioAirFiber for the household (before we got it) had the ethernet cable directly connected to the unit not into the Hub.

Looks the disconnections got fixed (atleast for the day).
The loaded latency is all over the place and upload speeds still fluctuate like hell.
I am check tomorrow if its fixed or not.
I am going my CPGRAMS plan on hold for the moment.

Faced the same issue, they removed the poe comodity splitter for me as of now.Now my IDU is directly connected to ODU.

However they mentioned that the swich is faulty. If any technician visits just mention to get the splitter replaced.

Yeh, I will ask them to look into it.
The disconnection issues are gone but the stability is still all over the place.

This is due to bufferbloat, common on the shitty CPEs provided by Jio which don't have proper queuing.
And it does affect "normal users" especially VoIP traffic can suffer due to bufferbloat, which is quite common in a household.
Someone's downloading a game while whatsapp call is going on? It will be affected by the high latency. Airtel CPEs generally don't have such high amount of bufferbloat because they are not bloated like the CPEs Jio uses.

They should add FQ_Codel support to their CPEs and remove the bloat.

Last edited:

Back