Leased Line -Dedicated Ethernet

• Thread starter Thread starter mtnltriband
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 15
  • Views Views 7,379
Amish,
is this possible....
the line that we use post splitter for phone in MTNL ADSL can be connected to dial up modem and can we use that connection as back up connection ?

Line----splitter-----adsl port to adsl modem & phone port to dial up modem..

will this setup work......I know they will not work simultaneously but can we use the dial up as back up ?

Remove the tel wire from the wall jack which goes to your splitter & insert the tel wire coming from your dial up modem & use. I use this config in case of emergency (not many I can remember ) :)

Why don't u take the triband connection and supplement it with a backup connection from airtel. It would be highly unlikely for both to be down at the same time and I assume it would cost you less than the other options

Why were all of you recommending consumer broadband solutions? All of the big players (Airtel, Reliance, Bharti, MTNL and BSNL) provide leased line solutions BUT THEY ARE NOT CHEAP.You could get away with about Rs50k per month for a "starter" line from MTNL, including 4mbit/s international connection and 15km of dedicated local circuit at 8mbit/s (so you could upgrade the international connection to 8mbit/s without having to upgrade your local circuit). You'll probably have to sign up for a year and may also need to pay in advance.The international and local circuits are sold as two separate products. You should get an SLA which provides 99.9% or 99.99% uptime. It's unlikely you'll get anything better than that in India. The only way to increase that percentage would be to buy 2 or 3 leased lines.Oh, and you'll need your company papers handy.

99.9% or 99.99% or 99.999% would mean a downtime difference of how many minutes/hours per year? :D

99.9% or 99.99% or 99.999% would mean a downtime difference of how many minutes/hours per year? :D

OTOH:
99.9% = 8.76 hours per year (~8h, 45 m)
99.99% = 0.876 hours per year (~52 m 30 s)
99.999% = 0.0876 hours per year (5 m 15 s)

at 99.9% - 525 min or 8.7 hours of downtime per year would be permitted
at 99.99 % - 52.5 min or 0.8 hours of downtime per year would be permitted
at 99.999 % - 5.25 min or 0.08 hours of downtime per year would be permitted

---------- Post added at 06:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:09 PM ----------

oh mg beet me to it..... =)

Back