Life Insurance Corporation (LIC) News & Updates

• Thread starter Thread starter techtata
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 54
  • Views Views 12,048
I have a related query.
In case of Fixed Deposit say 2 years and I want to withdraw before that.
What is the minimum time during which there can't be premature withdrawal?

no such thing as minimum breaking period though the bank officer would be quite irked to it unless you have some genuine reason to do it or you know him personally or its a very big amount.
you know bank can do fd even for period of 7days? but again you need a big amount and personally know them to do this.
though you can do it easily nowadays via online fd.

Since the time I have taken LIC policy, last 5-6 years I am doing all payments online only, and it works well.
Did not check in recent time though, may be LIC server is not capable to handle many requests which is happening now due to cashless scenario.

I either pay online or give cheque to agent. He does the rest.

No need to stand in queue!

PS: Paying online from last 2-3 yrs.

This is kind of a big deal. LIC has money invested by the people of this country. They are being forced to buy a stake in a bank which has massive debts and a very bad record at recovering loans. All this would now be funded by the money invested by the people in LIC. Government basically removed their own liability for the mismanagement at IDBI and pushed it on us.

Twitter Thread:

Source

Thread by @kaul_vivek: "The government is ready to sell IDBI Bank to LIC. This is wrong at multiple levels. Let's try and understand the points one by one. Many ana […]"

Back