Limited HD offerings from airtel

sanjayandheri

ISP
MTNL
I am totally disappointed by HD offerings from airtel..just Movie NOw, NG , Disc !! Even free DD HD s not being offered to customers. Even the HD set top box is 1080i..and not 1080p...!! Airtel website doesnt offer details of HD channels ...after long tortous journey thro call centre we are replied by customer guys in english spoken in delhi hindi accent!! Time for airtel to pull its pants!

In India no channel broadcasts in 1080p so forget it 1080i is the max by all DTH ops.And u have all gud HD channels what else u want? Only Travel XP and Food food hd is missing from the True HD channels including MAX HD.

1080p is a rare commodity even in the advanced countries, for the simple reason that it is a major bandwidth hogger. For most practical purposes, 1080i suffices, however it is sports and movies which require a p over an i. Most countries therefore have sports broadcasts in 720p

In India no channel broadcasts in 1080p so forget it 1080i is the max by all DTH ops.

And u have all gud HD channels what else u want? Only Travel XP and Food food hd is missing from the True HD channels including MAX HD.

I dont know..what is good about Movie Now channel..its standard chanel upgraded from SD to HD, rather than true HD channel.Such upgraded channels are avialble on other DTH providers's platform. Even NG and Disc HD channels are showing upgraded programmes most of times. This difference between truely HD and upgraded HD was seen during broadcast of Cricket world cup, which was broadcasting true HD. So the offerings from airtel is poor cousin of ts competitors.

also their call centre is full of badly trained guys..! this is customers feedback

---------- Post added at 07:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:05 PM ----------

airtel and other DTH operators should give all such relevant information like- which channel is 1080i/p , which is true HD or just upgrade of SD to HD, etc. none of DTH operators are trasnparent in their offering and specs.they are misleading customers with flashy ads, all these DTH providers are claming to be IT savvy, but their websites doesnt carry any such tech specs. Govt or Regulator or Consumer court should intervene immediately, before such misinformation spreads and damages customers confidence.Lets not take shit from such companies. and lets us not compare what goras are doing or not.

Either DTH operators can give that information through info page of that channel/program or provide an option in the STB "Pass Through" along with 580, 720 or 1080 that we choose in the STB setting. By this we can find the resolution in the TV by pressing the info button.All DTH operators/broadcasters can not give all programs in a HD channel in HD resolution. Some may have been shot earlier with less resolution. So the picture resolution info in fact should be based on the program not the channel.In digital broadcasting (DTH/Cable STB) any resolution of video can be broadcast and the decision to present/display that in different resolution can be taken at the STB/TV. This will even avoid the letter box (black strips above and below) on a 16:9 screen.In many countries Govt. mandate to display the audio/video quality info. But In India the market/users has to make it mandate that. Can any operator claim their broadcast video is DVD quality and audio is CD quality w/o doing that in developed countries? Thats possible here. They claim it but provide poor audio not even a stereo.

Back