Limiting Data Usage On Syrotech ONU

• Thread starter Thread starter Kamei
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 19
  • Views Views 7,045
ISP
BSNL FTTH
I have Syrotech SY-GPON-1110-WDONT Router/Modem, the thing is I want to limit data usage on wifi user. I don't see any setting how to. If anyone know how to need help.

That is not possible on that ONT. The maximum restriction you can put on these devices is limiting data speed. That also is highly doubtful with that.

Then it depends on the router you are bridging it with. You need more than an average router to do that. Custom rules as an option is not present unless you have a router like Mikrotik or Ubiquiti. Asus/Netgear also supports adding restrictions but the UI does not provide much freedom in this case.
TP-Link and D-Link are of no use. You have to manually turn off devices.

so controlling bandwidth is also same ? I just want them to use less data

Get a budget router with openwrt support i guess. Some variants of c6 support that.

Controlling the bandwidth is not the same as using less data.
You might want someone to use the Internet at full potential for one hour which is not possible when you limit bandwidth. So both are not the same.
Or the other case maybe uses X GB of data without being time-bound. In that case limits wont work

As @Sushubh said getting a budget router with OpenWRT will work for you. But budget routers really have less Flash size. So choose the one which has a good flash size as you have to install modules.

Openwrt is very small in size in my experience lol. Modules are usually just a few kbs.

AHOxghc.webp

Back