Linking Bank Account with Aadhaar Card

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 172
  • Views Views 18,539
hearing finished last month. now directly judgement would come out.
probably after the summer vacation of sc is over. sometime next month.

the problem is that the last date of filing it return is july 31. and income tax website still is not accepting returns without aadhaar.
so for some of us, the options are:

1. File return manually.
2. File return with fake aadhaar number.
3. Wait till the judgment is out and take the risk of late filing with Rs. 5000 penalty.

penalty is Rs 1,000 if income does not exceed 5 lakhs

we need an RTI why SC needs fucking summer vacations like school children when there are millions of cases in backlogs. recent husband wife SBI PIN case took 3 years to get judgement wtf
-
after summer vacation the judge will get transferred..... :D

Just now I checked on IT website. Aadhaar or enrollment number is not marked with a red asterisk on the form to indicate it is mandatory.

update: apparently it does not accept without aadhaar.....not even with zeroes or random numbers :(

Last edited:
SUCCEEDED without Aadhaar: Filed through TaxSmile(dot)com and filled the enrollment number field with zeros.

Logged into IT website and saw it was accepted. Logged in from my bank website and E-Verified. DONE !

Note: It cost me Rs 294 paid to TaxSmile :)

ugh. entering fake numbers could possibly be a violation of aadhaar act. though it's unlikely to cause any issues.

not even with zeroes or random numbers
I believe you are required to enter a number that matches the algorithm used to generate aadhaar numbers. 1111 1111 1111 1115 should possibly work based on what i read online.

ugh. entering fake numbers could possibly be a violation of aadhaar act. though it's unlikely to cause any issues.

Yes....giving false information is also violation of Income Tax rule. But I have not given fake numbers....I have just given zeroes which technically means NOTHING / ZILCH :D

The IT email acknowledgement I got after E-verifying says the submitted return will be checked for defects before sent for processing. And if there is any defect they will intimate the tax payer by email. I guess if they are not accepting with fake numbers they will just reject the return

And yes the IT website form accepted the fake Aadhaar number 1111 1111 1115, but I did not submit since I already have.

Back