• Thread starter Thread starter Darknight
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 2,128

Darknight

ISP
Bsnl
Hi Guys,
i am going to apply for BSNL broadband in near future. But the problem is that my father wants to buy some LOCAL modem (not branded ones) other than that provided from Bsnl as they are relatively cheap (half rates like Rs 1000 wrt to 1800 of bsnl wifi modem). So i want to know if somebody knows about such modems ?
1. How good they r?
2. Does they perfom well.
3. How about the speeds u get using such modems with respect to Bsnl modems?
3. What about problems u face in using, CONFIGURING these modems?
4. Would u recommend me to go for them?

Dont post reply if u dont have any idea about such modems because i know u will take bsnl modem's side.
But i want to know reviews from those who r engaged with such local modems.

Give me ur suggestions. I really need ur advice and experiences before i do some mistake by choosing wrong modems. It will be more helpful if u reply in steps as i asked.
Reply here or email me at [email protected].

Thanks in advance.

Hi Guys,
i am going to apply for BSNL broadband in near future. But the problem is that my father wants to buy some LOCAL modem (not branded ones) other than that provided from Bsnl as they are relatively cheap (half rates like Rs 1000 wrt to 1800 of bsnl wifi modem). So i want to know if somebody knows about such modems ?
1. How good they r?
2. Does they perfom well.
3. How about the speeds u get using such modems with respect to Bsnl modems?
3. What about problems u face in using, CONFIGURING these modems?
4. Would u recommend me to go for them?

Dont post reply if u dont have any idea about such modems because i know u will take bsnl modem's side.
But i want to know reviews from those who r engaged with such local modems.

Give me ur suggestions. I really need ur advice and experiences before i do some mistake by choosing wrong modems. It will be more helpful if u reply in steps as i asked.
Reply here or email me at [email protected].

Thanks in advance.

Tell your and family's browsing preference/s
( heavy movie /music Video downloads or
for educational use/ email VOIP calls overseas etc .

How many systems You Intend to use /
Do you have a Laptop computer ?
The Monthly amount towards BB rent , you have in mind ? Number of free telephone calls
expected
you select a plan with 256Kbps speed and any modem will do !

Tell your and family's browsing preference/s
( heavy movie /music Video downloads or
for educational use/ email VOIP calls overseas etc .

How many systems You Intend to use /
Do you have a Laptop computer ?
The Monthly amount towards BB rent , you have in mind ? Number of free telephone calls
expected
you select a plan with 256Kbps speed and any modem will do !

Essbebe, only i am going to use internet (damm heavy use). I am a college boy and broadband will be used for heavy use like movies and games downloads, torrents (modem should be port forwarding compatible), online games (dota & Cs), video chat, videos ,etc. I have decided to opt for 500c night unlimited plan. Therefore, i definately want tht speeds should be atleast 100 KBps - 250 KBps. I have a laptop and need a wifi modem . Hope u got all info u needed before u could advice me.
So plz tell me, do local (DESI) Modems can take it ?? Is there any problem in making local modems do heavy jobs?

buy akeeo..an indian brand..costs abt 1000-1100 bucks..i am using it...decent and stable

Just read u need wi-fi..akeeo doesnt give u wi-fi for 1000 bucks

buy akeeo..an indian brand..costs abt 1000-1100 bucks..i am using it...decent and stable

Just read u need wi-fi..akeeo doesnt give u wi-fi for 1000 bucks

hey cyberwiz,
first of thanks for your reply.
I want to know that does your modem give good speeds (100-250 KBps) ?

yeah most modems are capable of those speeds..including the one i have

any modem should do fine as long as they dont have a crappy power supply adapter (look for the one with 110v to 220v rating)

any modem should do fine as long as they dont have a crappy power supply adapter (look for the one with 110v to 220v rating)

Thanks for ur reply.

BUT really i don't understand why you said this ? Any strong reason ?

Thanks for ur reply.

BUT really i don't understand why you said this ? Any strong reason ?

well i suggested this by my personal experience.
also you might do fine without 110v - 220v if your area dont have power fluctuations.

well i suggested this by my personal experience.
also you might do fine without 110v - 220v if your area dont have power fluctuations.

Thanks to share your experience.

Back