Low Download speed In netflix

• Thread starter Thread starter philip
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 17
  • Views Views 5,348
Qwerty890 you are a savior. Changing MTU to 1000 seems to do the trick. Yesterday I was able to use Netflix on BharatFiber continuously. Previously it used to stop working after few minutes. Thanks.

@udaydw can you tell where all you changed the MTU to 1000? In the router only or OS also etc?

I'm surprised that MTU helped in this case. can you change it back to 1400 and see if the problem re-occurs (this was just a coincidence?)

I will try 1400 MTU again. Don't think it is a coincidence, as Netflix was not working for more than few minutes for last two weeks, since I got Bharat Fiber connection. It used to work nicely with ADSL connection. It still works with ADSL. ( I still have my ADSL connection ), Meanwhile, I changed the MTU at Modem (mine Optilink ONT). Go to WAN Settings and there you will see MTU.

I thought MTU modification is not necessary thanks to "path MTU discovery" steps taken when a connection is made to a server. but maybe some misconfiguration in netflix servers or bsnl network causing this low MTU to allow it to speed up things. good to know.

I tried lowering my MTU in OS and router to 1000 just to see if it helps with some other server slow downloads I am facing (ubuntu mirrors) but no help in my case :D

Back