Maharashtra raises drinking age to 25 yrs

• Thread starter Thread starter warthog
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 16
  • Views Views 4,123
W

warthog

666Maha raises drinking age to 25 yrs - The Times of India

"Citizens will also be required to take permission from the excise department or the local police officials for serving alcohol during public functions, including birthdays and marriage parties. "

"The new policy also includes provisions that allow sale of only two liquor bottles (or 750 ml) a week to one permit holder"

They made aright into a privilege.Why dont follow USA and ban liquor.We need a alcapone!

Did you know that during the prohibition 60% of all the accusers where found not guilty by the jury!.When a law is unjust it is nullified!

---------- Post added at 12:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:21 PM ----------

Later, during Prohibition, juries often nullified alcohol control laws,[23] possibly as often as 60% of the time.[24] This resistance is considered to have contributed to the adoption of the Twenty-first amendment repealing the Eighteenth amendment which established Prohibition.
Jury nullification - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

by the way there is no law,they just do it via fiat.Same with uid.

also did you know that there is no law to govern R&W and IB?.
Our parliament is ceremonial.

its just proposal and need to create law for it ..i feel its good move ...

you have no right to force your will on others.If others want to drink and die,let the do it..USA learnt a hard lesson during the prohibition era.
Looks like we need too

Gujarat is one of the 2 states where there is prohibition,what happens?.police are paid bribes to drink,100's of people die due hooch.

blrp back me up

here look at this story which came today
http://www.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/int/news/-/news/world-us-canada-13624303

The Global Commission on Drug Policy report calls for the legalisation of some drugs and an end to the criminalisation of drug users.

The panel includes former UN Secretary General Kofi Annan, the former leaders of Mexico, Colombia and Brazil, and the entrepreneur Sir Richard Branson.

world leaders and UN are calling to legalize drugs.

[video]https-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9mlfTYWp_E

they can bribe and get the drink but definitely there will be less number of people who drink ...

drinking is not good for health and that is why govt introducing such rules ...

---------- Post added at 01:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 PM ----------

govt don't need to stop introducing new rule just because people are breaking the same by paying bribe ... i thinks its time to eliminate this bribe concept from our system

@warthog: Legalize drugs so that people can 'legally' get high in public places, colleges, at work. Everywhere. Sounds amazing.

What I said was in response to you saying, "world leaders and UN are calling to legalize drugs."Your statement, "you dont know anything." without knowing anything about me shows how well informed you are. It's always good to know that before getting into any kind of conversation.

25's too young to be drinking, they should make it 45, better yet, 49.

Back