Maharashtra raises drinking age to 25 yrs

• Thread starter Thread starter warthog
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 16
  • Views Views 4,123
@18 You are old enough to choose the person who will lead our country... @21 you are old enough to take up the commitment of Marriage... But u have to w8 till you are 25 years old to be old enough to drink??? This Blows!!!!PS I am a teetotaller and over 25 years of age but still think this blows :(...

I expect lot of girls to quit drinking only to prove that they are not over 25. ;)

If banning drinking will help, why not ban liquor all over the country? Its not the rule, but education among the mass that helps. In India, smoking in public places is banned. Hoe effective is it? Littering is banned. Is it effective? The rule may help to an extend, but if it is something which the people cannot accept, then the effective implementation will become impossible.If the intention is health, then recent studies proved that mobile phones cause cancer. Will government ban mobile phones?

heh of course it is absurd. government is fine with sale of cigerettes and liquor but weed is illegal. you can vote at 18 but you cannot drink till you are 25.

Ppl need to realise that you can still get beer at 21, its only hard liquor thats been pushed to 25. Thats a little bit curious as i was under the impression that ALL alcohol was banned to those under 25 as the misleading thread title suggested. Can we have that FIXED pls!

You can still have an excellent time getting drunk on beer :)

Personally i don't drink anything else other than beer or wine (if i get a chance).

Because drinking is bad habit.
Drinking 'in excess on a regular basis' is a bad habit.

In my experience not too many ppl under the age of 25 have that kind of problem, if they do they are in the minority. Kids under 25 here don't have too much cash to blow on drinks in the first place. This is more a problem with older ppl i find even then its still a minority and they're drinking for other reasons.

Thing is in india a bottle of booze is cheaper and get you higher than the equivalent alcohol amount in beer. So getting drunk just became slightly more expensive for students but its not as depressing as i initially thought.

---------- Post added at 07:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:29 PM ----------

drinking is not good for health and that is why govt introducing such rules ...
Where does it say that in the article ?

To be frank why this limt has been introduced is a bit of a mystery given there is no age limit for drinking wine in Maha and you can STILL get beer at 21.

Legal age for drinking alcohol should be 21 years and not 25 years or 18 years because if it is 25 it will hurt the industry and if it is 18 it will hurt you (biologically you are not an adult until 21 and alcohol can hinder body development and growth). Also I have EVERY FUKIN right to serve alcohol to any of my guests at home who are legally allowed to drink. I don't need a permit for that. Maharashtra government is greedy. Taxes are way higher in maharashtra compared to the rest of the country. Still the people of maharashtra never protest. Lazy idiots. I seriously hope someone challenges this law in court and the court throws it out of the window(atleast the permit part).

Back