• Thread starter Thread starter banda
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 60
  • Views Views 11,055

banda

~
ISP
mtnl-256kbps-unltd
hey since the last hour or so i am unable to open most websites .. but somehow a few are running just fine....

not working

google
yahoo
orkut
gmail
desitorrents
digg
hidemyass.com
anonymouse
indiatimes
timesofindia
bbc
slashdot
imdb(the header loads tho)
speedtest

working
torrent-damage
wikipedia
imageshack
mtnl's portal
cnn
del.icio.us
ubuntuforums.org
my own website (has a australia based host)
flickr(some pics not loading)

its not a dns issue.. (have tried switching them)
i am posting this thru a web proxy since ibf is also not opening for me :(

same for me too. ibf is somehow not opening in opera but working in FF. rest almost no sites are working. I cant even open my blog :(

looks like problem in delhi not mumbai. though in mumbai all sites work slow betn 9AM - 9PM or so.

Ok guys , i have found a temporary solution to it.1.Whichever site you want to access, ping that site.Now u must be using one of MTNL's DNS servers (bcoz MTNL's sites are accessible) to be able to resolve that site.2.Now you are most likely going to get "request timed out" on that site. Now go to ur router's connect/disconnect page. Disconnect and reconnect again.Keep in mind u dont close the ping command window which is pinging the site u wish to go to.3. When u reconnect, the site will start pinging................now u can visit that site4. Keep in mind u will be able to visit that site only plus a few more random sites5. This is a temp solution till the problem persists. At least u can check ur mails in the interim. Also note that most of the sites will be slow bcoz they are linked to other domains. Like when i used this procedure for broadbandforum.co, the site loaded slowly bcoz it got stuck at domains of google analytics and adsense.

weird problem..many sites not opening since 12:30 PM..guess this is the same problem which mumbai guys used to report..now its spread to delhi..update : situation seems to have improved in the last 5 mins

Yup same problem here. Weird thing is that torrents are working fine @ 220 Kbps. And yes, seems to be better now. I couldn't open IBF earlier.

yup most sites are back.. hopefully this was a very minor glitch which won't repeat itself too oftenfingers crossed:)

its like this.. either odd numbered IPs will ping or even numbered IP. thats what i have noticed when it was happening in mumbai.i hope it doesnt happen often. we had this problem go on for 2-3weeks. but now all is well..except the speed problem. MTNL mumbai needs to buy more bandwidth...speed goes below 64kbps.

Just Talked to Mtnl customer care ( Delhi ) they said there is some problem in MTNL's Server today, It will be ok soon,

Back