Make of cable and for internal wiring of cable in my house

keanu_reeves

ISP
BSNL
Hi friends,I need your help in Putting a coaxial wire around my house which is the best cable for internal wiring. which connectors can i use i do not want any cable loss. my cable wala says that, he can use ordinary RG6 cable with Aluminium Braid. And he does not want any connectors in the house as it may reduce the signals. I want the installation of wires and connectors, be good for at-least the lifetime of my house.Please help me with this thanks in advance

Co-Ax? Really? My father is probably better to ask about TV-related things than I am, but normally I've seen instances whereby the walls are equipped with female Co-Ax connectors which are fed by insulated cables inside the walls going to a patch panel or the splitter/booster which is connected to the primary cable (though I doubt this is ever done in India unless you're renovating the house).For CATV service, RG-6 cable should be fine, but again, insulated is key because electrical fields can really bugger up a signal being carried by an uninsulated cable, whether it is Cat3, Cat5e, Cat6, Co-Ax or even run-of-the-mill stereo wire.If you want to run the cable to multiple locations inside the house, then you'll need a splitter and/or booster inside the house anyway, or if you simply want one location but with some flexibility, then take about 1-2m inside the house, and join the cable to another 3, 5 or 10m cable which runs to where-ever your TV is. A good quality connector shouldn't cause much if any signal loss, so spend more than Rs10 on it and you should be OK, and if you want a 99.999% lossless signal, gold-plated connectors are the only way to go, but only bother with that if the quality of whatever cable you do choose is equally good (unfortunately, can't tell just by looking). However back in the real world, your internal wiring is likely to be the least of your worries when it comes to a clear picture - unless of course you've managed to score the one cablewala in India who is incredibly anal about the quality of his wiring :DI was also thinking, while you're at it, it might be a good idea to outfit the house with ethernet cabling and RJ-45 plugs for broadband/lan, iptv, and voip (can all be the same plug!)

Back