• Thread starter Thread starter jishnu1980
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 4,809

jishnu1980

Regular
ISP
bsnl
guys iam an keralite iam not satisfied with Tata Sky and dishtv in malayalam total 16 channels are available (1 more channel (chutti tv malayalam )is laughing soon) both tatasky (8)and dish tv (9) providing half of the malayalam channels because of only half of the malayalam channels they dont get a market here in kerala for rs 175 u get 70 channels(including all malayalam and almost all pay channels) for rs 220 + 1250 (stb price)(asianet digital tv) u get 120 channels (including all south indian and paychennels + cable channels) its crystal clear (dvd quality) and stereo sound only hope is sundirect (their preference is south and they have good collection of south indian movie collection) CHANNELS PROVIDERS(DTH)asianet TATASKY,DISHTVasianet plus - ,DISHTVasianet news TATASKY,DISHTVsurya TATASKY, -kiran TATASKY, -chutti tv(malayalam)(launching soon)kairali TATASKY,DISHTV people - -we - -amrita TATASKY,DISHTVjeevan tv - .DISHTV indiavision TATASKY,DISHTVyes indiavision - , -manorama news - ,DISHTVbtv - , -jai hind - , -dd 4 (malayalam) TATASKY,DISHTV

i think all the watchable malayalam channels are available on TS.I don't mind if I am not getting the sun chaneels(Surya & kiran) & also we & people.I would like to get Asianet plus & maybe manorama too.Only a limited number of channels(around 150) can be provided by TS as of now.If there wasn't this limitation they would surely show all the malayalam channels as all of them are free to air.

Let us hope that SUN Direct when it launches will include all those south indian channels in it.

16 Malalayi channels!!! If Dish/Tata Sky decides to add all, they will have to remove some channels from other languages which will cause lose of market in that region, so far I think Dish/TS have picked most popular channels, in future if they can compress channels without affecting quality, they may add few more channels

Instead of taking the Sun issue to the court and settling it out of court after a long - long battle, they could have probably invested that money to provide all other SI channels. I am the SI subscribers would have increased several fold, and it would have been a direct blow for Sun because of falling viewer ship rating at a time when they are struggling with the Kalinger issue and they would they would have come with their tail between the legs and begged TS to include their channels in TS.

Back