Mesh wifi 6 backhaul better than wifi 5?

• Thread starter Thread starter vishalrao
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 16
  • Views Views 2,175
Whats the current wifi 5 setup and what you want to achieve via this upgrade?

I have a Netgear orbi rbk50 which has dedicated wifi 5 ac backhaul rated at max 1700 mbps but in my bungalow with a ground floor and first floor the actual backhaul link speed maxes out at 400 mbps and I get max 200 mbps download speeds from the satellite.

I have 300mbps fiber currently load balance with a second 200mbps connection so looking to get full speed and also be ready to support 1gbps if I eventually have that much internet speed...

go for AP, that would be cheap. I previously had Archer C3150 v2 as only router but penetrating 3 concrete walls was difficult task hence there were few blind spots, thereafter i arranged Archer A9(open box @ 1500) for testing and started using it as AP although managing Ethernet cable is a problematic thing. Moreover as AP A9 works fine but if you set it as main router then there is heating issue device connectivity issue(if you configure in dual stack with multiple devices connected)

How about using powerline backhaul? TP-Link has some devices? Will it give anywhere near 1gbps link speed?

I have a Netgear orbi rbk50 which has dedicated wifi 5 ac backhaul rated at max 1700 mbps but in my bungalow with a ground floor and first floor the actual backhaul link speed maxes out at 400 mbps and I get max 200 mbps download speeds from the satellite.

I have 300mbps fiber currently load balance with a second 200mbps connection so looking to get full speed and also be ready to support 1gbps if I eventually have that much internet speed...
Get the router in gf to be wall mounted near ceiling and below same room where ff router(placed on floor) is.
Next gradual step is ethernet backhaul.

Back