Micromax MMX 400R MiFi Router Review and INSTALLATION .

I am having two micromax 400R router. One is with older firmware (2010/06) which is not showing the annoying banner page. The one with newer firmware (2011/07) shows the banner page every time it is connecting to router. I have compared the two config files and noted some difference. I have updated the config file on newer router with the settings of other router and it is now not showing the annoying banner page :peaceful:
Below are the strings I have updated.

rt_wan_cdma_gateway=f=1=172.31.141.57*
rt_wan_cdma_ipaddr=f=1=172.31.141.56***
lct_feature_bit_lv_1=7=1=10000000
It can be given a try to remove the banner page. As always at own risks...

jigarjadav said:
I am having two micromax 400R router. One is with older firmware (2010/06) which is not showing the annoying banner page. The one with newer firmware (2011/07) shows the banner page every time it is connecting to router. I have compared the two config files and noted some difference. I have updated the config file on newer router with the settings of other router and it is now not showing the annoying banner page :peaceful:
Below are the strings I have updated.

rt_wan_cdma_gateway=f=1=172.31.141.57*
rt_wan_cdma_ipaddr=f=1=172.31.141.56***
lct_feature_bit_lv_1=7=1=10000000
It can be given a try to remove the banner page. As always at own risks...
hi,
thanks for this info- seems finally there is a way to remove the annoying banner... Can you please suggest 2 things:
1. how did you update the strings. Where did you find the config file of the router, and how did you update it? which are the strings that were already present, and what strings you replaced it with? When I open the router file, there is autoconfig, which i suppose is only for the router's autorun config.
2. Is there a way to save the previous config file? Just in case this goes wrong, I can update the same with the old file. Even though my router is still under warranty, I wouldnt want to be running after the micromax service centre for this thing if something does go wrong.
Thanks for your update mate!

ragz said:
hi,
thanks for this info- seems finally there is a way to remove the annoying banner... Can you please suggest 2 things:
1. how did you update the strings. Where did you find the config file of the router, and how did you update it? which are the strings that were already present, and what strings you replaced it with? When I open the router file, there is autoconfig, which i suppose is only for the router's autorun config.
2. Is there a way to save the previous config file? Just in case this goes wrong, I can update the same with the old file. Even though my router is still under warranty, I wouldnt want to be running after the micromax service centre for this thing if something does go wrong.
Thanks for your update mate!

[*]Config file is under Advance Setting >> System Setting >> configuration, when you are conneceted to router and loged-in to dash-board (goto 192.168.1.1 and provide "password"). There is option to backup the config file. Download the config file to computer. Save one more copy and modify the value using notepad (use winrar to unzip and re-zip). Original strings are having different IP values which i updated to the one mentioned.
[*]Yes there is option for Reset, Backup and Restore. Make a backup. Make a copy of it. Modify the copy. And restore to modified config file. If something goes wrong, you can restore to original config file. If you take care of modifying only the metioned vaues without making extra space or "Enter" you will not have any problem. And there is a Hard reset button also on the router.
[/list]

HI,
I bought this router a few months ago but now face some problem with that.THe problem is when the router is switched on without simcard it is turned on but with simcard it don't turn on.
pls any one help me....i wated my time researching this problem... pls pls .... help me...
Harsh_Thanvi said:
i recently buyed micromax mmx 400r router , iam using it in my house and i would say that the wifi signal strength is just awesome .I had a hard time setting it up for the first time , thanks to MTNL false apn's , nyway i setted it up..Setup : i am writinfg it as i myself had hard time!!!!1 just insert sim card and a 2gb micro sd .2 connect through wifi in any cell .3 open the adress provided in that piece of paper , provided by miromax i.e 192.168.1.1 , this address is used to modify mifi itself as it do not have a user interface!4 just set it up u will get options to modify ur apn's so u can do what ever you want u can even create a new profile !5 if you donot want your network to fluctuate , go to internet > network settings and change automatic to 3G only .now your wifi is set up! Enjoy ! from my point of view this setup is not at all for n00bs!!Router Strength :i am using it around my house of 3BHK , iam getting full wifi network and network works flawlessly!!! download speeds are awesome 80 KBPS ya KiloBYTES Per Second!! Network Is always full!!Battery : i used battery at full charge by connecting 3 wifi devices it worked nicely for 6 hours!! and battery drained to just 50 %battery 1500mAhIcons on MMX400R : the icons are in deceding from left to right! so its like 4 wifi , 3 mifi router battery , 2 network connectivity (3G blue or 2G green or no connectivity RED) , 1 Signal StrengthAny Pro lems Guys Just Post I HERE I WILL SURELY SOLVE IT FOR YOUI WROTE THIS REVIEW AS THERE IS NO PROPER INSTALLATION AND REVIEW AVAILABLE ON INTERNET! I MYSELF FACED MANY PROBLEMS!THANK YOU! AN DIF YOU ARE THINKING TO BUY THIS MIFI OR 3G WIFI ROUTER U CAN GO TO HOME SHOP TV 18 SITE ITS PRESENTLY AT 40 % DISCOUNT!!!Guide for modem usage ;1 power button 2 times , like we click the moouse , the modem reconnects to the network2 keep power button pressed for more than 2 seconds the device will turn off3 press the wifi button once wifi will be turned off!4 press wifi button for more than 4 seconds , there will be a wps connection ,wps = wifi procted setup is used to connect your blackberry to wifinormally bb provides a key which we have to enter it into our wifi , as it dont have a ui we can use WPS!!enjoy
HI,
I bought this router a few months ago but now face some problem with that.THe problem is when the router is switched on without simcard it is turned on but with simcard it don't turn on.
pls any one help me....i wated my time researching this problem... pls pls .... help me...

maxi said:
HI,
HI,
me too facing the same problem, when you put sim card, it won't switch on, just showing green power light and switching off. without sim card, it will switch on, when you login to the web page, it will show insert sim card message. please any suggestions will be appreciated..
Updated:
the problem is low battery, i have to check, whether its charging or not, i tried with another mobile battery, its working fine.

I purchased Micromax MMX 400R and is there a way to setup our own homepage so that the users are automatically redirected to that page when they try to access the internet through it?

Back