microsoft websites are not opening on my computer

• Thread starter Thread starter Debdinno
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 32
  • Views Views 23,044

Debdinno

ISP
bsnl
:wall: Cannot open any Microsoft site , support microsoft etc. I can open anything and everything in my FIREFOX 3.0.10 but no microsoft sites in my (new assembled pc) . Firewall is on. No virus checker attached.I have heard BSNL boradband(white modem) has some settings to open microsoft sites.Can anybody help.

Can you set your DNS settings to OpenDNS.com servers? See the opendns.com site for details...

Sorry there is already a thred.I always use open DNS:) and i donot have any virus as i have just installed Xp after format and cheked by avira (and deleted avira)HOW to check MTU setting in my pc

:huh: What is linux live cd?By checking conficker i foundPossibly Infected by Conficker A/B variant so trying to get a patch MS08-067can ad aware fix this ??

PROBLEM SOLVED :happy:essbebeThanks !!!I set a proxy and went to Microsoft page and could download the MALICIOUS CODE REMOVAL TOOL and it removed the worm. meetdilipThanks!!!!Actually with this worm loaded i could not go to microsoft , symentac or any of the following , so i had to fix a proxy.COFICKER RESTRICTS THESE SITESUsers may not be able to connect to websites or online services that contain the following strings: virus spyware malware rootkit defender microsoft symantec norton mcafee trendmicro sophos panda etrust networkassociates computerassociates f-secure kaspersky jotti f-prot nod32 eset grisoft drweb centralcommand ahnlab esafe avast avira quickheal comodo clamav ewido fortinet gdata hacksoft hauri ikarus k7computing norman pctools prevx rising securecomputing sunbelt emsisoft arcabit cpsecure spamhaus castlecops threatexpert wilderssecurity windowsupdate

:happy: Probably it came from the Windows Xp cd itself which was loaded by my AMC man , since from the first day i was suffering this problem.Do you people always buy Original versions of Windows /os ??!!??

The technician inserted an infected USB:thumb:right man.
he uses a pen drive.

I have already installed the patch and soon will install service pack 3 to combat it.

However i have given REP to 4 people who helped me here.

Back