Mid-Month FUP Reset on Beam Fiber Broadband

• Thread starter Thread starter powerwatts
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 97
  • Views Views 25,195
Why?Btw, they upgraded me to 15Mbps today. A few friends of mine who were on 15Mbps are getting 20Mbps. And they reset the FUP too today morning.

What.The.Actual.****?Beam guy came to home to collect this month's rent. My dad thinks am on 1mbps plan. so normally i take money from dad myself and add a part of pocket money and pay the beam guy.Forgot this month and dad got to know am on 1099 plan. And to my horror, i forgot that plan was changed to 1110rs! So dad said to downgrade. Am also getting close to 15mbps on my 10mbps plan for past couple of days! WTF?

Holyshit. I thought its only for me. Pings are crap for me ..but speed is 15mbps!

https://www.speedtest.net

Beam is the best! These guys look like the only competent management guys who are thinking to utilize FTTH tech to the max instead of sticking to usual 2mbps~4mbps with ridiculous FUPs!

Fiber To The Home.(FTTH)
Fiber to the x - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Fiber is often said to be "future-proof" because the data rate of the connection is usually limited by the terminal equipment rather than the fiber, permitting at least some speed improvements by equipment upgrades before the fiber itself must be upgraded. Still, the type and length of employed fibers chosen, e.g., multimode vs. single-mode, are critical for applicability for future connections over 1Gbps.
Fiber is basically the future. ADSL and ADSL+2 currently in use by most of the big isps like airtel and reliance can't handle the load as more and more customers join and also cannot cover long distances.so they implement outrageous FUP limits so that their network won't be bogged down by large number of users using the internet.

Where as fiber doesn't have that limitations. Also Uploads and downloads on fiber are of same speed whereas ADSL has 1 mbps if you're lucky

beam's portal page is all ****ed up. "My usage" shows i've completed 16.7GB whereas iam pretty sure i completed more than that.

Dude you should not gloat all over the forums, if you are getting good speeds and good usage with out FUP being applied it is good for you, some bitter others may complain to the beam which results in some changed over policies which may come and bite back at ya or all the others. On topic i am getting miserable speeds on my 10Mb connection, the beam guy said they are planning to change it to 20Mbps for the same price but what is the use FUP is damn very low 30 GB come on!!!

...FUP is damn very low 30 GB come on!!!

FUP limit is very subjective. To you and me it might be low but I would imagine a big majority of Beam users find it surplus.

FUP limit is very subjective. To you and me it might be low but I would imagine a big majority of Beam users find it surplus.

hmmm, but i think increasing FUP instead of increasing the speed would be good as 1Mbytes/sec is more than sufficient.

Back