Missing channels issue raised in Media

• Thread starter Thread starter hitman
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 5,492
TSky is more interested in getting new customers. I had a good experience initially. Later i realized that Tsky / Dishtv is not all that great. Firstly they don't give any choice to customers. Secondly they have limited capacity. Other factors are rain interruptions, no control etc. I think CAS Set top box is any day better than Tsky / Dishtv in terms of above.

They have space for 200 channels and they have not used it all.

TSky is more interested in getting new customers. I had a good experience initially. Later i realized that Tsky / Dishtv is not all that great.
Firstly they don't give any choice to customers.
Secondly they have limited capacity.
Other factors are rain interruptions, no control etc.
I think CAS Set top box is any day better than Tsky / Dishtv in terms of above.
Dear Rishi,
Firstly, you cannot do any thing for rain factor as it is technology constraint and those people are already working on that for resolution and its not in india its every where.
Secondly,about capacity they will have enough capacity to show all channels and more than a cable wala or CAS (Limited to200) but on dish you can go up to 400 as idon't know about Tata Sky might they will having good capacity.
Thirdly, about choice...i agree complete choice has not been given to customer but in dish you can have maxi, welcome, freedom , freedom plus etc like 4-5 packages to choose from. tata sky will have three( correct me if i am wrong )packages.

First & foremost, dont make this platform personal just because i am using my name as my ID doesnt give you the liberty to address. We're talking about issues here. Now coming to issues. If rain interruption is technology limitation then all i am saying that you need to tell it to the customers before they buy your equipment. You cant promise 24x7 service if you have such disruptions. Number of channels is limited in DTH since they have limited capacity. There is limit to no of channels deepening on the number of transponders . Also the number cant be increased quickly as we have limited satellites.Lastly there is no choice in DTH platform in terms of choose a channel. Also you don't get FTA channels. You have to pay for them too. All in all DTH industry needs some guidelines & regulation from govt in order to provide a better customer service.

Back