Misuse of other BSNL Customer's Account from my landline number

Talk to the Senior Divisional Engineer and seek help. Ask him to confirm that the usage is linked to your MAC ID. Mac ID is the specific ID of your modem and it will be present in the usage details if your modem is used. You will find the phone no of nodal officer and Appellate authority on the backside of your bill. Talk to them in person and seek help.

stating misuse of amount of Rs.10,231 for 4 days (25.08.2008 to 28.08.2008)

If I am not wrong Calcutta Telephones implemented port-binding months before the date mentioned above.

Man , approach the consumer court and sue them.

Talk to the Senior Divisional Engineer and seek help. Ask him to confirm that the usage is linked to your MAC ID. Mac ID is the specific ID of your modem and it will be present in the usage details if your modem is used. You will find the phone no of nodal officer and Appellate authority on the backside of your bill. Talk to them in person and seek help.

there are tools available to spoof even the mac address. so in a way mac id is of not much use.

scan the DE's letter with your mobile camera phone and attach here..this is a unusual letter, and being a Public sector , unless they are serious they wouldn't sent it to U..,First You have to prove that U didn't log other accounts from your phone.. talking directly to the DE concern is needed first...the excess bill will be cancelled afterwards..

I smell a scam ..... Demanding penalty for misuse after exactly 1 year and that too from a port-binded connection.

First You have to prove that U didn't log other accounts from your phone..

it is for BSNL to prove that he has indeed used net by logging in to somebody account. one can dispute it but one has to really see this letter in the first place and how they came to the conclusion that the account was misued by ur no. very troubling to see this..becasue of BSNL's fault of not port blocking, one has to suffer. :(

That is exactly why I want to see that letter..Concerned DE will be in a serious trouble, had he wrote such a letter to the customer, without verifying the facts, because he is the head of the Division in the particular area..There is a misconception here about the port binding not all numbers are port-binded..for the unlimited BSNL already completed the port binding .. but for the limited plan U have to verify whether portbinding was done at the exchange, if not u have to ask for it..There are two party in this dispute.. The first is the person whose account has been hacked, and who rightfully complained to DE concerned, and when DE investigated the phone number with the usuage details, he find the other phone number where the account was used, so he asked the Accounts officer to transfer the excess billing concerned to the latter account.This is more serious matter....99% complaints received from BSNL customers are about their Account used by other persons,so BSNL investigated the matter,and if found action taken accordingly.. DE's action is milder,he should have transfer the whole case to Police authorities for natural investigation before sending the letter..

[They have enclosed a handwritten bill with the letter.....The letter says that if bill not paid by August 25th then connection will be disconnected

Mystery deepens !" Fishy" in Kolkatta !
Does the Handwritten Bill show Usage data total
Charged unit s @ say 80 Paise etc. ?
In Chennai , we can ask for a Duplicate Bill at the concerned
A.O.' office, or get one from the computer facility set up there.
Or ask CC to send the bill , claiming you had misplaced it.
Get a printed bill.
Probability of a Vigilance case here !

ajinkyadgaikwad got the letter from the DE where as the idrish28 got the letter from Chief Accounts officer. Now it would be better if any one of them showed us the letter.. If these letters by BSNL are genuine..then one of the two should scan the letter and post it here or at least post the contents of that letter.. It will be useful for everybody .

The forum is for the immediate help for the members.. it is much better if the complaints are posted with supporting documents(please blackening the name and phone number in the bill so your identity kept as private) or U can email me..Neither DE nor Chief Accounts Officer directly forward the bill or letter, unless it is complaint addressed to them by the customer which has to be replied by them...SDE of the exchange is for Technical matter, and Accounts Officer in the matter of billing related activities are person normally contact the customers..DE and CAO are the deciding authorities in customers related matter...I am surprised about the handwriting part, because BSNL is 100% computerised billing system. This is the reason I want to see the scanned image of the billing and letter written by the DE..

Back