Mnp - dirty tactics of mobile service providers - experience with bsnl

• Thread starter Thread starter kms_vizag
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 2,220

kms_vizag

ISP
bsnl
I opted to port out of BSNL in faovur of Aircel and submitted the required documents and UPC yesterday at Aircel office. Today morning at the beginning of office hours of BSNL, they seem to have corrupted my existing BSNL sim out of anger as I am leaving their network.

As a person who has some knowledge of how mobile networks & switching works, it is possible to access data on your SIM even while it is in your phone (as long as phone is switched-on hooked on their network). TRAI rules regarding MNP require mobile operators to restrict any disruption of services to the subscriber requesting MNP, of no more than 2 hours (at midnight), that too with prior intimation of date and time.

Now, with an invalidated BSNL sim, I understand that BSNL has found another way to harass subscribers who wish to port out of BSNL by circumventing TRAI rules regarding service rdisruption during MNP process.
Now, my number would remain in "unreachable/ switched-off" state till Aircel activates this number on the sim they had given me yesterday. Effectively, the service disruption of atleast 5 days or more.

My advice to all who wish to opt for MNP( any operator to any operator):
**** FIRST copy all your phone book/ sms etc on the original service provider sim to your phone memory as they would become inaccesible if the port-out operator does some mischief with your sim. ****

I sucessfully ported my BSNL no. to Aircel earlier this week, what you're experiencing might be a rare case, my services were out for about 3 hours during night time ( after 12).

Last week, even i got another vodafone number of my brother ported to aircel without any difficulty.
now, the problem is not with aircel. it is with BSNL, AP. anyway, just warning people to backup their phonebooks from sim to phone before submitting for mnp. it is upto you to take your decision. bsnl, ap might be the first, soon other companies might resort to this dirty tactic upon people trying to leave their network.

Back