Modem making problem. what should i do??

mann_2008_69

Lucky
ISP
Dataone 500C+
Hi friends, i am using BSNL Broadband for over 1.5 years now. from few days i am facing some problems, when i start my modem it won't start(DSL and other lights won't start), i think its power related problem. in the beginning it happens rarely when i start the modem it won't start, then after half an hour when i try again and it starts working. but now its other way around, its working very rarely. (Note: its not DSL problem. its related to modem internal power supply.)Now my question is : i want to replace/repair it. and since my modem is on rent, i think i should contact BSNL and get it replaced/repaired.should i do to my exchange and get it replaced/repaired?what other things i need besides modem?will BSNL give me any hard time?? if yes, what should i do to prevent it?please reply as soon as possible.I will read it when next time my modem starts working:wall:

1. Check your splitter. Bypass the splitter and connect directly to the modem and check.2. Check your power adapter of modem. If possible get one from your friend and check. If on rent, BSNL will be replace it for free. Go to the exchange and talk to them.

Since you are playing rental amount for the modem all you have to do is take the faulty modem to the exchange and get a replacement or call up your cc and tell them about the faulty modem ( i would rather go to the exchange and get a hand to hand replacement done )

---------- Post added at 11:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:45 AM ----------

BSNL won't give you any hard time its wear and tear i had a ut starcom modem from MTNL for 6 years it broke down once and they replaced it the next day @dilip since its not a ADSL problem how does that make a difference?

Thanks guys. its a adapter problem. today in the morning i took my modem and adapter to the exchange they refuse to even check it. they said that i have to book a complaint on 1500 and after that one person will come and check my problem and if there is any replacement necessary he will give me a receipt for it, then i can go to my exchange and change the faulty part. i did the same i booked the complaint and with in an hour a person came to my house and checked my modem, he finds out that my adapter is faulty and made me a receipt, i immediately took my adapter and receipt to my exchange they changed it.amazing bsnl service is improving..!!!

Back