• Thread starter Thread starter rahul771
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 19
  • Views Views 4,802

rahul771

ISP
airtel turbo 1299
hello der,
guess this is the only way i can get some solutions for this problem..i have the airtel turbo 1299 plan....got it jus for gaming during the night and downloading...although i must say da 1mbps during the night is very good..im never able to connect to the modern warfare 2 servers for the PS3...it jus keeps sayin "connecting to matchmaking server"....
activision and every1 else suggested evry1 to put their routers on dmz and to forward the port number 3074....
im a rookie at all dis...so it would e very helpful if any of u guys could help me out on dis..my modem is beetel 450x1..n yeah ive tried portforward.com

ps....please help....before i throw the game out:wall::wall::wall::wall::wall:

----------

sorry bout the long msg.....n guys, please do help me out......

my psn id : rahul771

i play MW2 on xbox live. Im able to connnect to matchmaking but sometimes it takes forever - it has taken me upto 45 minutes once. It is a lot of fun but because 1Mbps puts you on red bar and you are unable to shoot anyone. Wish airtel had 10Mbps+ unlimited plans :(

i play MW2 on xbox live. Im able to connnect to matchmaking but sometimes it takes forever - it has taken me upto 45 minutes once. It is a lot of fun but because 1Mbps puts you on red bar and you are unable to shoot anyone. Wish airtel had 10Mbps+ unlimited plans :(

but the thing is xbox never had such a serious problem for mw2.....psn wid their dumass servers got screwed...i really wanna kno wats da situation wid other ps3 players for dis game...n im at da verge of breakin da disc cos of dis.....
wats ur nat type ,n ave u put ur ps3 in dmz n forwarded da port.....please lemme kno.......

but the thing is xbox never had such a serious problem for mw2.....psn wid their dumass servers got screwed...i really wanna kno wats da situation wid other ps3 players for dis game...n im at da verge of breakin da disc cos of dis.....
wats ur nat type ,n ave u put ur ps3 in dmz n forwarded da port.....please lemme kno.......

its working fine for me? and explain your problem in detail.

----------

and do you have the latest firmware?

To put ps3 in dmz assign it a static ip in your browser and and then in beetel router you can put that ip number in dmz and your done.

1) First you need to find your routers "default gateway". On your computer go to "run" in the start menu and type in "cmd". Type in "ipconfig" and look for "default gateway". Note down the numbers.

2) Now go on ur ps3, go to Settings > Network Settings > Internet Connection Settings" option on the PS3 Cross bar menus. Select "Wired" or wireless" (choose the one that refers to you).Both selections should show a page called "Address Settings". Here you will need to select "Custom". Another page will then display entitled "IP Address Setting". The option "Manual" will need to be selected. Now a page of customizable ip addresses can be entered.This is the important part...

Ip address - This will need the static ip internal addressDont worry lol u dont need to understand. Just enter something like 192.168.1.100 as it is unlikely 99 other devices are connected to the same system. (By the way u can just use 192.168.1.100 for the static ip if u want...it really doesn't matter!!)

Subnet Mask - Is always set to 255.255.255.0

Default router - now enter the "default gateway" address you got earlier from your computer

Primary DNS - Same IP Address as "Default Router"

Secondary DNS - Same IP Address as "Default Router"

Select "Enter" and a "MTU" screen should come up (i dont know what the hell MTU is). Just select "automatic" and then select "Do not use proxy" on the next screen.

3) Now go back on your PC, open your web browser and enter that "default gateway" address into the address bar. A login authorization prompt may come up and you will need to enter your username and password (should be somewhere in the user manuel for the router). If your using a Linksys router like me leave the username box empty and enter "admin" for the password.

4) A router configuration page should show up showing many settings and options you will have no clue about (note that all router configuration interfaces are different depending on the make of the router, so the settings/preferences will be in different places). All your interested in is finding a setting named as "DMZ" of anything with "DMZ" in it. So search around in all the tabs and settings for the mention of "DMZ" (it might be in your security/firewall settings). One you have found it, there should be an option of enabling it. Do so and then enter the static ip address you gave your ps3 earlier; the example i gave was 192.168.1.100. So enter that and select "apply" or "save changes". Whilst your on there try and find a setting of "UPNP" and make sure thats enabled aswell.

5) Now turn off everything running on your router including the router, computers, ps3 etc This is done so the changes can take place asap. Wait a few minutes and then turn everything back on and the process is complete. You should realise that the light below the DMZ option on the router should have lit up and do an "Internet connection test" on your ps3. You should get UPNP available and NAT type 2!!

----------

One more important thing i need to know whether all other psn games are you able to play online is the connecting issue only with cod mw2 ? As this is the problem i had. Basically my ps3 was in dmz all games were connecting online etc. but after 2 days of playing COD MW2 i would get stuck at 'connecting to matchmaking server'. Only mw2 was not connecting. Looked up many forums no solution.

What worked was rather simple i used to connect via lan cable all the time when mw2 stopped connecting. What i had to do was set up my ps3 to use wireless and connect suddenly mw2 starts connecting as soon as i switched from wired to wireless. Then again i went back to wired with dmz and mw2 works now since then.

Basically if your on wireless then switch to wired and switch back or vice versa if you presently use wired.

its working fine for me? and explain your problem in detail.

----------

and do you have the latest firmware?

yeah dude..jus got da 1.05........its sad to see this..i can play all others without a problem...but this is bad.....waited for so long and now this.....

If you can play all other games then you need to try what i suggested you switch from wireless to wired try connecting to mw2 if it works then switch back to wireless.

@rahul,Audiodelic is providing so much of input on this and You are just ignoring what a sadist you are! Can't you atleast acknowledge?

Back