modern warfare 2for ps3 not connecting

• Thread starter Thread starter rahul771
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 19
  • Views Views 4,802
No worries boys this info is for all ps3 indian players having issues with mw2 atleast it will come up if someone searches this issue. I just wrote everything since i was outrageously frustrated when this happened to me. So others should waste less time in finding this solution.

Hi rahul even i have the same modem and same plan as you I have forwaded my ports and put my ps3 in dmz but with no resultsIts still stuck on connecting to matchmaking server ...Have u had any luckIts irritating because i got through twice but not any moreOne of my freinds easily connects to itThanksUdit

Hi,I have a Airtel Beetel 220 BXi modem.I am connecting my ps3 directly to it.My Situation:I am able to play all the games online except for MW2. I am in love with the online mode of this game. The thing is My PS3 used to get connected to some neighbours WiFi and with that connection I was able to play this game. Now the PS3 does not connect to that network.I have tried to configure my connection but in vain.I have put the static ip address which I have assigned to my PS3 in the DMZ but still the game stops at connecting to Matchmaking Server.I tried to do port forwarding but whenever I do port forwarding and I click on Save/Reboot the router when the router restarts it changes my WAN settings and the port forwards are lost. Changes WAN settings mean it changes my user name and password and it changes the name of the service from br_1_32 to pppoe_35_1 something which inturn actually stops my internet also. So I change default settings back for the internet. That means I am not able to port forwarding. The DMZ setting is saved but it is not able to help the game.Please Please Help!!I really appreciate.Thank YouRachit

modern warfare 2 online and that too in ps3 in india? sorry mate. if you are new to online gaming, indians play only Counter strike. they are in eternal love with that game and won't move to any other game. what happens is , the game will search for a server in other countries and given the awesome condition of our pings to other countries , you are most likely to miss all the fun. good luck finding servers.

I beg to differ, A lot of people play MW2 including me and there are quite a few online ps3 Indian players as well. Agreed that pings suck, But I do just fine most of the time.IMO CS is not even half as good as MW2

I beg to differ, A lot of people play MW2 including me and there are quite a few online ps3 Indian players as well. Agreed that pings suck, But I do just fine most of the time.

IMO CS is not even half as good as MW2

IMO, battlefield bad company 2 is the best FPS game as of now. Try it if you haven't .

IMO, battlefield bad company 2 is the best FPS game as of now. Try it if you haven't .

sure it is

my favourite war series

DICE is the best and they are by far the best online multiplayer from a long time

Activision should die for milking their games

Thank You all for you views!!Actually why I am desparate and why I would still like to try is that I have been playing this game online on some neighbours wireless to which I am not able to connect now. I have tasted blood and I cant wait to play this game again online. Please help.And I have played CS a lot for 2 years even competitively also. I agree its one of the best games that man can play in a multiplayer environment. I liked MW2 also a lot. Never played Battlefiled Bad Complany 2.Please help!!Thanks

wowow guys lets not start a cs 1.6 versus cod mw2 debate here.... i could probably beat the crap out of any player on this forum in both the games. ... anyways i dunno about you guys running airtel but with mtnl internet i can easily connect my ps3 to the PSN and play online and its quite good this is what i suggest :basically what you have to do is to configure your ps3 for connecting to your router via a LAN cable ... thats the best wireless increases latency and causes packet loss so you have to play around with the network settings of the ps3 and get it working thats what i did .... and it was easy i actually don't know how to go about configuring it since noone in my area uses airtel internet ( hell ! its not even available here ) yea but you should do the port forward properly for the game to get working .... yea i agree battlefield bad company 2 is a helluva game :thumsup: and mw2 is good the only problem is that i found call of duty series right from the first game a little tooooo unrealistic.... damn the second mission in cod mw2 was awesome... jumping with that snowmobile gets my adrenalin pumping @@@! my psn id is : fataaurora feel free to addalso anyone up for a cs challenge ? pm me

Back