• Thread starter Thread starter meaculpa
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 20
  • Views Views 3,514

meaculpa

Regular
ISP
tata indicom vsnl
It rained cats and dogs in Mumbai yesterday. Pre-monsoon showers. Traffic jams at midnight on most major roads - as usual city went slightly mad. The moment of truth approaches - how terrible is the DTH transmission really going to be? What if lightening strikes the dish? Will the broadband stop working in the deluge? If we are going to be marooned in our houses, lets at least hope we can browse the net in peace!

Not so soon in Delhi :(

Not so soon in Delhi :(

Aww .and I don't want monsoons to come before my exams are over .

It's like Scarlett Johansson finally decided to pose topless and God was the only photographer available. *flash flash flash flash flash flash flash*Love the rains but lightning is definitely going to be a problem. Hathway actually asks its users to disconnect their modems during thunderstorms, bit ironic when you're trapped indoors with nothing to do. Around 4 years back one of Hathway's main lines got hit pretty badly by lightning and lots of users got their equipment fried. Wonder which is dumber... touching the cable trying to disconnect it during a thunderstorm or just leaving it alone. :eek:

Yes, the lightning was going strong yesterday. I have already assumed that my broadband connectivity will get affected at least part of the time (foregone conclusion!) but what I am really curious about is what will happen to Tata Sky. One of the CAS operators was doing some hard sell advertising saying that CAS is better as it will be unaffected by rains.

yep tataindicom had gone awry yesterday night during rain. but MTNL was just perfect!

aahh.....i was having fun yesterday. i just love lightning! :D :O :Sthats what i like during this time of the year. lightning and thundering!

If we are going to be marooned in our houses, lets at least hope we can browse the net in peace!

addict! :whistle:

Am just kidding alright? :)

Well, MTNL works just well. They dont have overhead wires for the lightning to strike. Their junction boxes are metal which will allow the electricity to pass safely into the ground so no damage done to equipment.

Can't say much about 7star ( a.k.a. VSNL / TATA BB ), Sify, Reliance Powersurfer, Reliance broadband, Hathway, Iqara and rest of the other small time stupid ISPs :P

It's like Scarlett Johansson finally decided to pose topless and God was the only photographer available. *flash flash flash flash flash flash flash*

since when u've been wishing that??? :rofl:

Wonder which is dumber... touching the cable trying to disconnect it during a thunderstorm or just leaving it alone. :eek:

touching the (covered/inhouse) cable won't do any harm...i guess u know why...

Back