Moving from Tatasky to D2h

• Thread starter Thread starter armaan_99
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 3,443
Cool. Let us know how things turn out (quality of the HD transmission, STB, recorder etc.).
Also, let us know if you got any gift coupons (as specified on the D2H site) and 40 days extra for the annual subscription.

Installation done. I purchased from ebay hence there is no offer in terms of coupons and 40 days extra. Connected my Tata Sky HD to compare and found the clarity is good, I did not find any difference in clarity on my 32 inch Sony. Volume level looks low compare to TATASKY also channel change is little slow compared to Tatasky may be 2 sec extra, also when channel is changed volume goes to mute for 1sec after 5 sec and comes back, should get used to it.The STB is good, surprisingly the remote is of good built not the one I saw at my friends place with normal STB. UI in HD DVR is much better compare to there normal STB.
Ebay gives D2h cinema free for one month.... the same needs to be activated along with recording services, should get activated by tomorrow. Remote has better buttons in place compare to TATASKY.

Apart from volume I did not find much difference or issues moving from Tatasky. Just need to keep volume level in both TV and STB little higher.

It looks like the annual installation pack does not include the 40 days extra benefit. Only the annual package has it.
I won't be buying DVR. Just the HD STB. Hope the build quality of the STB and remote and the UI are good.

Back