MP3 Player Suggestion

• Thread starter Thread starter Jonas
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 20
  • Views Views 4,523
ISP
Excitel
Airtel & Vi
I need a an MP3 player, cheap and best. I will be using it while traveling.2-4 GB capacity as the genre I listen to has a few artists so no gigantic library.The bundled headphones should be comfortable for long listening. And decent quality. I am an audiophile so, bass and treble equally matters to me.Let the suggestions begin :D

ah well. i would personally suggest getting the shuffle. but i hate it because of itunes. :(

arey bhai. form your own opinion. if you can live with itunes, shuffle is the best option. great battery life.

Form my opinion about a thing that I don't own, well, I wasn't aware of the demerits of iTunes.So, I am in the process of forming an opinion :)

haha. download itunes and play around with it.

in simple terms. you cannot easily use an ipod as a USB drive. you would need itunes or a third party app to sync music with it.

almost all other mp3 players would allow you to simply copy music from your computer to the device and back.

---------- Post added at 01:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:33 PM ----------

officially, you cannot download music back from the ipod to your computer. third party apps provide that functionality.

itunes is also not available for linux. so that's another issue.

One alternative to using the iPod without the iTunes, is to install Rockbox on it. Then you just drag drop mp3s and use them directly. iTunes sucks. Period. Another Period. Take a third one too.

you can checkout alternative media players from SanDisk and creative. since your needs are rather basic... save money on the player itself and invest in good headphones. ipod shuffle generally cost a bit more than comparable players from other companies.

Back