• Thread starter Thread starter kashishd
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 22
  • Views Views 18,115

kashishd

ISP
MTNL
Hi Guys,

Has anyone in Delhi used the newly launched unlimited 3g plans?

http://link-removed.info/mtnl-unlimited-3g-data-plan-now-at-just-rs-750/55322/#more-55322

It says Mumbai follows soon. I have been trying to source a BSNL 3G sim card to use in Mumbai given their unlimited plans, we may have a solution soon :)

---------- Post added at 12:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 AM ----------

Sorry Mods, I didn't realize there is a separate sub-thread for 3G Jadoo

I am using it from last one week and quite satisfied with it. I did recharge of rs 4500 on my mtnl people 3g data card and getting avg. 1 mbps speed. the only problem i am facing is sometime connection is lost in abt 6-7 hrs of use, but that is not much of problem since u can check auto reconnect.

Can any one guide me how do I use this prepaid service of 3G with my Desktop & wireless wifi laptop in my home?Desktop is wired with the wireless router HG520 of mtnl broadband and laptop is using wifi access currently.If I need to shift to 3G what should I buy and how would I connect these two computers?

I am getting avg 150 kb download speed in utorrent with highest download speed upto 180 kb.

its definately better that broadband...Guys what is the hardware requirement to make it wifi . Like what is needed to convert 3g into a wifi access point and use it with multiple pcs?

looks like MTNL seems to be improving though speeds should have been higher. But then again if lot of p2p users get this connection speeds might go down more.

Assuming your pc dnt have wifi, first you need a wireless usb adaptor like Netgear to make ur pc wifi enable, available at around 850 in delhi. I am personally using techcom wireless usb adaptor comes cheap @ Rs. 430 but do the task well. Now create a wifi hotspot in your system which has internet access. To create wifi hotpot connection either download connectify utility or create manually. For strange reason connectify is not working for me so i am using manual setting .

Thanks Junaid ...
but for this i will need to keep on my computer on so that other devices can use it as a wifi source..

is there any hardware combinations which can convert 3G signals and convert it into wifi hotspots for home use?

---------- Post added at 02:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:13 PM ----------

got the solution here:
DLink myPocket 3G Router Price in India - DLink DIR 457 3G Router

its called 3G Router.

Back