MTNL 849 NU unlimited night usage speed

• Thread starter Thread starter pach
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21
  • Views Views 5,092

pach

ISP
Exatt 256KBps/Unlmtd
Hi,I had posted this query in an old thread, but looks like no one was interested in answering it there, So I am posting it here.What I want to know is that, how is the speed you guys get during the free period? Coz, I have heard that it is pathetic as almost everyone with this plan starts downloading big files during the free hours.Would appreciate info from the users of this plan.Thanks.

Its around 1mbps till around 3AM and then touches 1.8mbps depending on the source from which you are downloading...

That's pretty good I think, good enough for me at least. Thanks for your reply venkz.

maybe in ur area u might also get 1.8 mbps from 12 Am to 8 Am..speed also depends on the line condition.

hmmm... actually why I was asking was my brother had taken this plan once and he said that he used to get pathetic speed in the night. less than 20kbps. that time I did not have laptop so I did not try it.

I've always got good speeds in excess of 1Mbps

When i was in Night unlimited i used to get 1.8 Mbps throughout the free hours...:)

Lets admit it guys, there is certainly an issue with the speed for 849NU users. for me the speed is less than 70kbps till about 3am and after about 4am or 5am it goes upto 200kbps. This is observed when i have downloaded from various sites like download.com, link-removed.com (premium account), link-removed.com etc.I think, MTNL guys are not able to meet the bandwidth requirements of it's users and are thus forced to reduce speed. According to TRAI they are supposed to provide atleast 80% speed of what they claim. So in case of 2mbps it should provide 1.6mbps atleast. But like any other govt companny MTNL will continue to take us for ride:wall:

mtnl assures 256kbps guaranteed. and according to TRAI they have to give 206kbps minumum. Remember... its "256kbps upto 2mbps":cry:

Back