MTNL 849 NU unlimited night usage speed

• Thread starter Thread starter pach
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21
  • Views Views 5,091
Thanks for all the replies guys, Just want to ask one more thing: I have my own wifi router (without the ADSL modem) is it possible to use it with the wired ADSL modem which MTNL would provide??Also is there a way to automate the switching on and off of the modem at 12 and 8 respectively? on Vista?? without needing to be there to do it.

isn't there a post that addresses exactly this point.Hmmmm if only I could find it :ashamed:

Hi guys
I have told those MTNL guys to upgrade my prifile from 590NU to 849 NU but I am getting the same speed in torrents I has not increased and my recent bill has come Internet plan charges = Rs 617 what shit is this????

I have submitted an application. That guy told me that now on it will be activated bit it didnt' Then I went from pillar to post then finally one guy told me to lodge a complain and I did so and they sent a person to check the phone line and not the internet

and sometimes the light under ADSL blinks[u know what i am talking about] after I connect to the net and then after some time again it starts blinking and i get disconnected [no one is there on the phone] and this happend daily --what the shit is this ?

those guys have also not activated my plan--Its been 2 months

I have aslo seen a video tutorial on youtube to boost download speeds but my speeds were far slow than normal now I use Bit torrent

please some one help me :wall::wall::wall::wall::wall:

thanks in advance:)

Is there any modem better than What they give that might help increasing my speeds

SONEONE PLEASE HELP A LOT OF MY DOWNLOADS ARE PENDING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

we all get somewhere around 1.8 mbps**(considering there is no connection problem means wire is coming perfectly till your router).

Then my 590NU plan was perfect!!!!!I changed it to 849NU so thai I can get speeds to 200kBpsand when I check my speed its the same around 1.78mbpsWhat should I do to get 200kBps:wall::wall::wall::wall:and can u tell me the upload speed offered by MTNL check this link

Last edited by a moderator:
Then my 590NU plan was perfect!!!!!
I changed it to 849NU so thai I can get speeds to 200kBps
and when I check my speed its the same around 1.78mbps
What should I do to get 200kBps:wall::wall::wall::wall:

and can u tell me the upload speed offered by MTNL
you are getting 1.78mbps out of 2mbps

Thats the max you can get!!!!There will always be losses and
My speed never goes above 1.8mbps because of line losses and/or Uploads happening on same line

If you were getting 1.78mbps on 590NU, then you should have only got 0.256mbps
It was a mistake in the beginning by MTNL, and soon all those on 590NU were moved back to 0.256mbps(256kbps)

Ur UL speed is 512kbps on MTNL for your 2mbps download line.
Check out the FAQ's below
Introduction

See earlier I used to get 45-80 kBPS BUT NOW I GET ONLY 30kBps those dudes are so lazy in activation and one one site I saw that with 849NU I will get speeds min 200kBps But I am not getting I checked my speed on speed test Its the same as in 590 what do i do?and is there any modem better than UT Starcom which will help me in getting good speeds:(:wall::confused::wall::cry::(:wall:thanks earlier for your relpy:yahoo:

Hi Guys, Im facing the same problem after changing the plan from 599UN to 849UN on 1st Sep. But after all the stuff about the existing problem i think i have a long way to go ...lolz :dance: I am in initial stages of logding a couple of formal complains to 1504 and also have had a talk with Prabhadevi Guys.Also send some emails to helpdesk which bounced due to smtp failure of OVERLOAD (Believe me overload that means they dont even check emails):P Prabhadevi guys only help for Connection Support and they have nothing to do with the changes that have to be done..They have to be done from the Local Exchange. So this is out of the way. I hopefully waiting for a reply.I am from bhayandar exchange and am unable to find any number for GM or SDE. If someone can help me with some contact number i will really be thankful Just wanted to know if you guys have any suggestions? I am hoping that MTNL gives me a BDay Gift before 21st Sep by solving this problem for me Ha Ha Ha...!!!

Back