• Thread starter Thread starter uchitshah
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 3,048

uchitshah

Regular
ISP
MTNL 849NU
Hello Friends,I have recently activated MTNL Triband facility after 3 months of waiting.I have activated 849NU plan. (which I think all user know how this plan work).I am suddenly facing speed problem with MTNL.While checking speed at speedtest.net and MTNL site where they have triband speed test facility.It shows me speed of 1.8 Mbps but while downloading I get speed of only get speed of 6-8 kbps and in torrent (software used is 'utorrent') I get speed upto 10-15 kbps only from last 2 days.The torrent I chose to download I see to it that it have many seeders atleast upto 100 seeders and I even download torrent from reputated sites only like iptorrent, desitorrent and all where I have my account.I can't see any problem in my PC also.Kindly help me out.Thanks and Regards,Uchit

have you opened ports for downloading torrents?.. to get good torrent speeds.. you need to open a port..

well, u r getting good speeds on speedtest..that means everything is okay from the MTNL side..Try downloading a file from Microsoft and see weather u r getting good speeds..and also for torrents u have to forward ur ports..Port forwarding is a easy procedure, just note down the Model number and make of ur modem and search in this forum, u will get the procedure to forward the port..if u dont find it, then post ur modem number here..we will help u out:)happy downloading

Hi superprash and motorazor,Thanks for your prompt replies.Well the router I am using is D-Link GLB-502T.Thats the only knowledge I posses regarding it.And I think its the most common router available in the market for MTNL.Kindly guide me how to open ports plz...plz.Thanks for your reply once again.

Hi superprash and motorazor,

Thanks for your prompt replies.

U r welcome buddy!!..Kindly follow the steps mentioned in the link by above poster..u will be done...choose a port number, and use the same number in Utorrent...

and yes! if u r using a firewall then permit Utorrent to use your internet..:)

Hi Guys,I did as u all said and from the link provided.And a result was a bit positive.Now I started to get a green correct sign (indicating that the network is proper) in utorrent.But yet I can only fetch speed upto 30 kbps.Where at the same time I also have a one more cable net connection.I tested the same torrent file while using cable net wala internet and I got speed of 150kpps.Where as my cable net plan is just 256 unlimited and while in MTNL is 846NU.Friends ...... guys yaar plz guide me where the problem lies yaar.Thanks and Regards.

torrent have lot of Problems try any different Sites then if u have a problem then ask u r Jto :)

Hi Guys,
I did as u all said and from the link provided.
And a result was a bit positive.

Instead of Port Forwading, I'd suggest you move to a Bridged Connection(Chk stickies for ur modem configuration).
Two benifits:yahoo::-

[*]No Reboot reqd at 0000-0800, since simply shutting down the machine via a timer will end the session
[*]No hassles of forwading ports for any application ;like uTorrent or others u may add later
[/list]Also some torrents even though they have hundreds of seeds may not give u full speeds.I always try FTP from Linux distro sites, coz their DL speeds are comparable to MS website

If Speedtest.net is showing 1.8Mbps then, u've got a great line.Thats the max DL speed u can expect on a 2Mbps line.Its only a problem with those torrents.
Either ur Share Ratio on Torrents is not good or the Torrents don't have High speed uploaders.

Suggestion:-
Add many more torrents to uTorrent, so if DL speed on one is slow,then another torrent can DL while first is Idle :)

Back