MTNL @a servers Time logging problem

• Thread starter Thread starter ski_power
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 61
  • Views Views 9,612

ski_power

ISP
MTNL DSL849NU
Hi,Just noticed that after MTNL has enabled advanced features like MB usage logging, its not without it's own set of problems.The time on the usage logging servers are 2 hours behind the actual time. So now at 11.20 PM I did a log off, it showed a log-off at 9.20 PM.This might not seem much until you realize that for the past 2-3 days what ever you've been downloading at the Night Unlimited plans from 12-2 would ACTUALLY BE LOGGED as your usage.Yes, I din't know that and now effectively my 2 nights of 600MB each have put my day usage at 1800MB, that too with 6 more days to go.I have started this thread just to inform/warn/caution you people that even the time on the left hand side of the MTNL page is misleading.I will now have to wait for the months bill only to see what are the damages caused. Am gonna stop downloading atleast for a week or two now. This was a real cheap tactic from the MTNL guys.

true i lost about 200 mb from my quota and now i am going to be billed for it. They have now added a separate columns for night and day usage..thats good,but in the process they have ended up screwing the clock.be cautious ..stop using for a week i would say.

same here..clock's gone back 2 hours..good thing that i found nothing worthy of a download in the past couple of days :Pwill contacting 1504 and telling them about this help?P.S Guys, as soon as anyone finds out that the clock is set back to normal..please inform here..so that we can resume our downloads :D

It's better we write to them & let them know. Write to a senior level in a hope some action will be taken. Writing to helpdesk is hopeless :(.

Hi,

Just noticed that after MTNL has enabled advanced features like MB usage logging, its not without it's own set of problems.

The time on the usage logging servers are 2 hours behind the actual time. So now at 11.20 PM I did a log off, it showed a log-off at 9.20 PM.
This might not seem much until you realize that for the past 2-3 days what ever you've been downloading at the Night Unlimited plans from 12-2 would ACTUALLY BE LOGGED as your usage.

Yes, I din't know that and now effectively my 2 nights of 600MB each have put my day usage at 1800MB, that too with 6 more days to go.

I have started this thread just to inform/warn/caution you people that even the time on the left hand side of the MTNL page is misleading.

I will now have to wait for the months bill only to see what are the damages caused. Am gonna stop downloading atleast for a week or two now. This was a real cheap tactic from the MTNL guys.

Thanks a lot mate!!! You saved me a lot of money!! I ended up exceeding the download limit by 700 bucks yesterday night.. but could have been 7000 if i hadnt seen it now. Its so pissing off man.. can't we just download in peace without having to check IBF or their website every 5 days to see if they have managed to screw something up again... F*cking arses... Something has to be done man..

@ Iceman:lol ya man... I learnt it the hard way... 1.2Gigs over Anyways, since I'm super thrifty during the day time I had done only 600MB odd in all these 24 days. But now that's shot to 1.8Gigs. Me thinks by the end of the month I'd have reached 2 Gigs atleast coz. it's not possible to not use the net at all... even if only day time.I am very happy that my * ouch * painful experience has helped atleast one other person@socrates:So do you think that if we write to them, they would cancel all the entries for thepast 2-3 odd days or something? I don't think so yaar, but still I think we should write to them.I'm thinking of going to the nearest local internet exchange(anyone in chembur area, mumbai knows the White castle building na... there) and ask the head there what can be done.@ronello:Yeah, I guess the MTNL guys ninja'd us with a stealth time change. I hate being ninja'ed upon :PBTW guys who haven't understood this thread yet. The clock on the left hand pane means nothing. Don't go by that clock. Do a manual disconnect/connect and then see your log => datewise -> details. You will notice that the session change is logged at 2 hours in advance, ie if you logged in/out at 11, it'll show the same thing at 9.Not a biggie for normal users, but screws NU users hard, and I mean HARD...Can anyone hack a script to get the current time on the servers in php/j# or .net?

Is this problem faced in all areas & all exchanges?The register.mtnl.net.in page is down as usual so can't check my usage currently.However as per bbhelpdesk.mtnl.net.in I don't seem to be facing this problem. I have done heavy downloading last 2-3 nights starting at 12.15 and these usage is not showed in my billed usage.I am in Borivali East connected to Dahisar exchange

Is this problem faced in all areas & all exchanges?

The register.mtnl.net.in page is down as usual so can't check my usage currently.

However as per bbhelpdesk.mtnl.net.in I don't seem to be facing this problem. I have done heavy downloading last 2-3 nights starting at 12.15 and these usage is not showed in my billed usage.

I am in Borivali East connected to Dahisar exchange

If your user id ends with @a, then you might be a victim.

Back