MTNL Broadband: Cannot access D-Link GLB-802C router setting page

• Thread starter Thread starter zeo
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 17
  • Views Views 14,242
I changed my IP address to 192.168.1.2, 192.168.1.3 and restarted the network service each time but still couldn't succeed. Any other suggestions?

change the IP to 192.168.1.3(may not be better as 192.168.1.2 is assigned for usb connection).open the "cmd" prompt in windows(I hope you know it).run " ping 192.168.1.1" and see whether it works.

Actually 192.168.1.3 is assigned to USB connection because whenever I try to enter that address it says: The IP address 192.168.1.3 you have entered for this network adapter is already assigned to another adapter 'D-Link USB Remote NDIS Network Device'.

I'm posting screen shot of a ping test of my modem:

This is driving me crazy :S Can somebody explain this absurdness in the ping test?

then assign 192.168.1.4..cause 192.168.1.1 and 192.168.1.2 are used by modem ( 1for LAN and 1 for USB - since USB is connected)

@zeo: Now ,I doubt your router more.See - from the ping output ,One ping reached the router device and it responded back.but later ,all blocked out.
Why not check your router?reset to factory default.this will solve ,if some(less chance!) settings made the ping not to respond.
--
Before that ,Go to your device properties(from my computer) and check lan card properties.Re-install the driver.re-enable the device.yeah.just to check everything is OK.
EDIT:Is there any Firewall Enabled ?Is there any specific Rule blocking out outgoing ping?

Thanks a lot prakash_mvpa! I changed my IP address to 192.168.1.4 and now I can access my router's setting page :yahoo:. How silly I must have been to bother you so much :redface:.One more question I wanted to ask. My router is showing the Up and Down latency as 'Interleaved'. Is it good or 'Fast' latency is better? I've set the modulation as G.dmt.

Dear all,I have D-Link DI-524 Wireless router which i was using for more than 2 years.suddenly the wireless stopped working. But i can able to connect through cable.observations:Status & WLAN LED starts blinking twice in an interval of 5 secs.I tried Re-setting by using the pin hole button in the backside.and i could not access the cofiguration page also.does anyone experienced such a kind of problem.i contacted D-Link customer care, they have tried all things. but finally they suggested me to goto service center of D-LINK.Anyone help me.Thanks in advancevimalchennai

download this user manual 1.29 MB. for glb802C
Download QIG&User Manual.zip from link-removed.com - send big files the easy way

Try tcp optimizer from speedguide.net for settings optimal or default.
Please post connection status screen shot link. Upload at tinypic.com

Back