MTNL Broadband: downstream rate for 749 Unlimited users?

• Thread starter Thread starter emptymt
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 1,930

emptymt

Regular
ISP
MTNL
I was on the 599 unlimited plan till recently. Just shifted to the 749 unlimited.what i have noticed is that my 599unlimited as well as that of other users has the downstream rate (when checked in modem at 192.168.1.1) set at 603. Its higher than the 512kbps speed the plan offers. Now that I have shifted to the 749 unlimited plan, I expected the downstream to be set at 803kbps ( its stuck coz someone mentioned this no., cud be different). However currently the downstream is set at 749 and not even the 752kbps speed the plan advertises (well marginal difference, but thats not what bothers me). Jus wondering if the mtnl employee has absent mindedly punched in the 749 plan name as my downstream instead. Would appreciate it if other 749 unlimited users could share what downstream they are set at. Currently getting no where near 0.74mbps i should be. Speedtest.net constantly indicates speeds of 0.6-0.64mbps and average download speeds are 65kbps.

MY port speed is 752 kbps and I get a sustained speed of 79 kB/s over HTTP.

i suggest.... don't bother...... as if u complain, they'll think u're having some problem -> they'll reduce the speed.....

Back