MTNL Broadband: Excessive Downloads without any reason

• Thread starter Thread starter zeo
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 3,135
maybe check for data transfered in Internet Connection properties and see if any data transfer is taking place when you feel you are NOT connected. If you are damn sure that you are not doing any transfer then it is possible for some glitch on MTNL side OR someone else is using your connection. Make sure you take a printout along with some output of some data transfer logging software where you can show the data transfer done/not done during the period MTNL is showing X qty downloaded. Then see the fun. If you have new connection then such things are possible.

----------

Can I use my desktop and laptop both together in bridge mode?

https://broadband.forum/mtnl-broadband/19562-can-use-bridge-mode-two-pcs-same-connection-same-time/ should be of some help.

Thanks for your concern powerontop.

The same thing had happened a few months back and many users where affected because of MTNL's out-of-sync server clock. But this time, it seems, only I was affected.

From now on I'm very careful about the timing when I start downloading in the night. I purposefully connect & disconnect just after 12:10 AM and see the session time in my account usage to make sure the night unlimited period has indeed started.

Yes please start 10+ min after 12:00 am and disconnect 10-15 min before 8:00 am. I do it that way and haven't noticed excessive usage since years now as long as ur clock is in sync with proper IST time, you will not have any problem with this strategy.

Back