MTNL Broadband: Settings for ADSL modem for MTNL

• Thread starter Thread starter debayan_b
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 9,823

debayan_b

ISP
MTNL/TATA
Ok guys, I guess you must be viewing this question for the umpteenth time, but the problem is so frustrating. I had no choice.The lineman who had come to set up the connection had warned us that the ADSL modem and splitter should be connected to the main line (which is in the living room) and not to the parallel lines (2 each in the study and in the bedroom).But I have set up my PC in the study. and I have setup the ADSL modem through the pararell line. The following problems are expectedly encountered.1) S!H!I!T speed2) Blinking ADSL lights in the modem3) Can't use the phone and the net at the same time (even though the splitter is connected) because of static noise.So now my question is. 1) If i connect a ADSL 2 WIRELESS modem at the main line itself and put the receiver in my computer then will it work correctly (coz then i need to buy it, which i think is not very cheap)?2) Are wireless modems safe to use?Also are there any broadband services apart from MTNL in Dahisar West area?Any help is appreciated. Regards,Debayan Banerjee

Follow what your linesman had said. Splitter needs to be connected right before all the parallel phones & lines.You can connect a wireless router on the main line to avoid the hassle of wiring but make sure your receiver is well within the range of the wireless router.If you use a long password & a strong encryption then your wireless network will be safe.

For each phone in different rooms use ( max three or four only ) additional ADSL splitter. ( COST Approx Rs 50/= each)or take Rj11 cable from the ADSL splitter PHONE port to different rooms.Max 3 or four only )Your modem/ can be even connected directly to any mainPhone Junction in any room. ( direct connection even if adsl splitter is used)Splitter containing low pass filters blocks DATA signal entering the phone.

Back