MTNL Broadband: Speed problem

• Thread starter Thread starter ydb419
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 5,113

ydb419

ISP
MTNL Triband
Hi, I am using MTNL Triband of 495plan and having a 320kbps speed. But from 2weeks i am getting only 30-40kbps speed. I stay at Jogeshwari-East. This is not only happening with me my friends also facing this problem. So please suggest me something......... Thanks.:pleasehelp::pleasehelp:

Hi,
I am using MTNL Triband of 495plan and having a 320kbps speed. But from 2weeks i am getting only 30-40kbps speed. I stay at Jogeshwari-East. This is not only happening with me my friends also facing this problem. So please suggest me something.........

Thanks.:pleasehelp::pleasehelp:

So your downloads are coming in at only 3-4 kilobytes per second instead of the usual 40?

Please post speedtest.net result.

I think before you were getting 2mbps speed which new customers subscribing to this plan usually get.But now you are getting proper speeds which are 30 to 40 KBps and not Kbps.

I am getting 30-40KBps now, but in April i get a download speed around 100-150KBps which is the month i got a new connection of 495UL plan.

I am getting 30-40KBps now, but in April i get a download speed around 100-150KBps which is the month i got a new connection of 495UL plan.

Then you are getting speeds roughly appropriate to your plan and there is no problem with your connection. The only way to increase your speed in reality is to upgrade to MTNL's 1mbit/s plan @ Rs999+tax.

I am facing a similar problem since teh past 4 months... I have a 1.3 mbps connection... I used to get atleast 250 kbps download speed... Now the max I get is 100kbps... tried all various forms of complaints... nothing has happened... Can any one please tell me how to solve my problem...?

http://www.pingtest.net

I am facing a similar problem since teh past 4 months... I have a 1.3 mbps connection... I used to get atleast 250 kbps download speed... Now the max I get is 100kbps... tried all various forms of complaints... nothing has happened... Can any one please tell me how to solve my problem...?

http://www.pingtest.net

With 1.3mbit/s you should get about 150-160kbyte/s. Copy and paste from your modem status page.

With 1.3mbit/s you should get about 150-160kbyte/s. Copy and paste from your modem status page.

they recently increased the speed from 1 to 1.35 mbps... here is my modem status page...

they recently increased the speed from 1 to 1.35 mbps... here is my modem status page...

You must be on the MTNL DSL Gaming plan.

At 1.22Mbit/s, taking in to account overheads on ADSL, you should get actual speeds of around 130kbyte/s.

Your ping to the speedtest server is reasonable (far more reasonable than some other MTNL users of late), jitter is good... so there doesn't appear to be any line or modem problems, though if it is only barely attaining 1219kbit/s, that can't be good (it's hard to say from this status page if thats line rate or just data flow rate).

What happens when you download something from mirrors.hns.net.in? Same ISP, different server, more accurate result.

If you still get only 100KByte/s, it may be simply some kind of contention issue in your area. If other MTNL users are having similar issues in your area, it's probably that - they need more hardware in your local DSLAM or something.

Diagnostically speaking, need as much more information as possible: is there an "advanced status" page or anything?

Back