MTNL Broadband: Speed problem

• Thread starter Thread starter ydb419
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 5,113
You must be on the MTNL DSL Gaming plan.

At 1.22Mbit/s, taking in to account overheads on ADSL, you should get actual speeds of around 130kbyte/s.

Your ping to the speedtest server is reasonable (far more reasonable than some other MTNL users of late), jitter is good... so there doesn't appear to be any line or modem problems, though if it is only barely attaining 1219kbit/s, that can't be good (it's hard to say from this status page if thats line rate or just data flow rate).

What happens when you download something from mirrors.hns.net.in? Same ISP, different server, more accurate result.

If you still get only 100KByte/s, it may be simply some kind of contention issue in your area. If other MTNL users are having similar issues in your area, it's probably that - they need more hardware in your local DSLAM or something.

Diagnostically speaking, need as much more information as possible: is there an "advanced status" page or anything?

I havent tried downloading from that site u mention... will try tomorrow... I think probably its an area problem... everyone in my indl estate get the same speed problems... But after numerous complaints nothing is being done... thats the issue... I guess I will write a few more emails then... Thanks a bunch though.. you have been most helpful... :)

I get 190 now. They did their jig and I am happier now :D I hoped for 250 but I guess I was being greedy... haha...

Back