MTNL connection problem, MTNL balmes on private modem!!!

• Thread starter Thread starter sankirsh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 49
  • Views Views 20,866

sankirsh

ISP
mtnl 749 NU
hi,
i have mtnl connection for last 10 months and using a private modem COMPEX MRL21E.

it worked fine for first seven months or so but from last three or so months i am facing severe disconnection or not connection.
as the modem is not able to either connect or the connection drops frequently, but sometimes it works fine for hours but when i restart the modem it fails to connect again.

the mtnl delhi guys as always blame the customer hence they blame my modem (they are saying that this modem has some inhereted problem and it will not work fine, but it worked for seven months), as it was in warranty i changed it three times(this time got a new one).but the problem continues.

now the mtnl guys on my persisting complaints had provided me a modem from there side for trial period 4 couple of days, its MT882.

the problem with this modem is that i dont find any major improvements.
prob with this mtnl modem:
1)sometimes all the lights are up but net is not working and ping shows destination unreachable,
2)when i check mtnl usage, it shows network disconnection at infrequent hours, 2,3,4 etc.

my queries are:
1) is the problem is really with my modem (as now i have a brand new one from the company), if yes tahn can it be solved via settings.

2)if it cant solved than should i opt for an mtnl modem, and this frequent disconnection from mtnl modem can be solved.

3) if i opt for mtnl should i choose for wireless adsl modem from mtnl one as Netgear WGR614 is only a wireless router and with this i will be needing a adsl modem as well.(correct me if i am wrong).

after so much trouble my friend told me abt this site, and this is my first post.
i need some answers as i am in deep trouble and need something to fight with these mtnl folks.

for ur reference i am posting images of my modem COMPEX MRL21E

http://img77.imageshack.us/img77/5842/50618201qn1.jpg

and its status shows
Rate (Kbps) 2047 260
SNR Margin (dB) 23.1 32.8
Attenuation (dB) 31.0 0.0
Output Power (dBm) 2.5 6529.6
Super Frames 1762 1756
Super Frame Errors 0 544

and the one provided by mtnl MT882

http://img112.imageshack.us/img112/5406/19879510ah5.jpg

i desperately need some answers.

hope someone could come 2 my rescue

thanx in advance

do you have all your telephones connected after the splitter?

Check out the point raised above by superprash2003 as its very important. Remember that the wire coming into the house should come to the splitter first & then to tel instruments. Since there is no improvement it indicates it’s a line problem and not your modem (self owned), meet the div engineer for your area, if he is not helpful then write to the GM broadband. Many lazy MTNL staff try this stunt of blaming the self owned modems once they know you will not accept their ‘wisdom’ they will fall in line albeit grudgingly. Opt for a wireless router only after you get this problem sorted out.

for ur reference i am posting images of my modem COMPEX MRL21E

http://img77.imageshack.us/img77/5842/50618201qn1.jpg

and its status shows
Rate (Kbps) 2047 260
Output Power (dBm) 2.5 6529.6
Super Frames 1762 1756
Super Frame Errors 0 544

and the one provided by mtnl MT882

Your COMPEX MRL21E, looks like an exact copy of my MTNL UT-300R2U

you have posted your stats from the COMPEX you have.Does the MTNL MT882 modem also show the same/almost same stats?
Post that as well.
If

[*]the stats from both modems are same
[*]both modems show similar problems while working
[/list]Then dont listen to the MTNL crap.Its definitely a wiring issue.Either internally inside the house or externally from house to exchange.
Rate (Kbps) 2047 260
I've had stable connections when my stats have been worse than this !!!
If it worked fine for 7 months, and same modem and no changes to wiring, then the only other culprit is the line till exchange in the last 3 months.Cant be the modem,coz the mtnl modem also gives you similar problems
MTNL will definitely blame ur internal house wiring, so u can tell them that when u started to have problems you had your line checked by a local electrician, and its now rewired fully.
then they will have no option but to give u a fresh line to the exchange

yes superprash2003, my line first come to the splitter thatn it moves to the telephone line, i dont have any joint in my telephone line from pole to my modem.

but one thing happened when i called sd broadband of my area, he told me that line parameters are out, and need to be fixed/ abt a month back.

the problem continues before and after that.

skorpio1

with my compex the values keep changing right now it shows

Rate (Kbps) 2047 260
SNR Margin (dB) 6.3 31.5
Output Power (dBm) 6541.1 6532.7
Super Frames 1969 1967
Super Frame Errors 213 1

is there prob with my modem.

with this MT882 mtnl modem i am able to connect to internet when my compex drops connection frequently, but this MT882 doesnt have a stable connection. on ping it shows RTO or Destination unreacheable after sometime or when net is idle.

i had called GM, RM AM, SDA BB, all the numbers i can get and lodged complaint but this sitty mtnl guy always blame on my mtnl modem, and reject the complaint as user owed modem prob.

could the problem is with my compex software settings, as its a new one, but i had followed all the steps shown over the forum and mtnl guide.

here is the screenshot from advance config, reg adsl stats.

http://img55.imageshack.us/img55/8783/adslstatsxa0.jpg

According to me, looking at the error you are getting, its a clear indication of line problem. I would suggest meet the DE for your area show him the printout you have pasted above, 99.9% he will not understand it :) and also ask him if he can test your modem at his office (yes these jokers actually use their broadband connection :) ). If he is non cooperative then write to the MD of MTNL with the entire history including your request for checking your modem. I had once written to the MD when I had a problem with the 1504 jerks and the best part was DE and his boss wanted me to write to the MD :) & I had all the Mumbai brass either coming to my house or calling to enquire about my problems:yahoo:or peddle IPTV :hysterical:

hey socrates,
thanx for reply, so as u suggest its a line prob, i am also harping on these mtnl shitheads that its a line problem and i may able to force him to change my tel line till poll,

but if its prob lies ahead the poll as i just talked to guy who visited me and he told me that the line is working fine so i asked me to change my line and he might do it, so i shall wait for this to happen, or follow the steps u suggested.

one thing i can say from my exp. :wall:and your answer is that u had also faced exponential prob, aur tumne bhi bahut papad bele hai:thumbsup:, without this these mtnl folks dont listen.

@sankrish
your COMPEX modem stats screen shot is also a replica of the MTNL modem stats page that i have except MTNL logo replaced by COMPEX :happy:
and YES since the line parameters keep changing, thats a clear indication of a line problem.

besides both MTML and COMPEX modems give issues so its not a modem issue, and 3rd new modem change wont help
Splitter and other wiring is as per the norm and unchanged so its also ruled out.

Safest and quickest way to resolve this is to contact the GM or MD as mentioned above and get them to resolve the issue.
But make sure u have the docket numbers and complete history or they will never agree its not a 3 month old problem.

solution is simple. Wireman just has to change the line pair and allocate a new line to your home .
When you speak/write to DM/MD just tell them MTNL has done everything except change the line which is the cause of the problem and the solution too

hi bro,
Also if you have unlimited connection then you can also make 2-3 connect profiles in WAN with the same connection settings.

Hmmm i never knew this, I'm gonna tryit soon,THNX !!!

http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/4829/modemfm5.th.jpg and the most intresting fact is that you will have 3 different IP's and if you know a lil bit about the ADSL .. then you can use all these three at the same time and that to be with their bandwidth caps. means 3X256kbps (if your connection is 256 kbps).

WOW,but i dont think i will get 3*2048kbps= over 6Mbps
anyway will research into the tip :yahoo:

Back