MTNL Delhi Unlimited Plan speed.

serpent_rider

ISP
MTNL, TriB_749NU_2048Kbps
I have a 949 UnLimited TriBand connection for last One month.Last was terrific regarding download speeds. I was getting around 220-230KBps while downloading through torrents but suddenly it drops to max 25KBps. I don't know what is the reason?:(My D-Link GLB 502T shows DSL Speed: 256/256kbps. Earlier in happy times it was DSL Speed: 256/2048kbps. Has MTNL quietly reduced the speed?:(When i register for this plan i was told that this plan has download speed of upto 2Mbps.I have made complaint to the MTNL. Let's see what come up from there?:wall:

hahaha......u r now on right speed......earlier u were gtting more entirely due to chance

Yes, the Unlimited plans have only 256 Kbps speed. You were upgraded to 2 Mbps by mistake.

Rude awakening after initial bliss.:yahoo:After 9 years on dialup & 6 months on Tata Indicom CDMA connection i got a broadband connection. I was getting 20-22KBps on Tata Indicom.Changing my plan to 749 NU tomorrow.Its the best plan.:thumbsup:Simply put it mathematically 16 hours on 256kbps = 2 hours on 2048kbps.

Aing..consider yourself a lucky @#!*j/k I got 949UL Delhi this month and on 256kbps from the very beginning.

so wise ppl will opt for 749 plan [Keep comp on for lesser time and download much more]soon 949 may cease to exist

I think the least MTNL can do is double the speed of 949 u/l plan..with 749 NU around 949 U/L doesnt make any sense

sanke1 & cyberwiz are correct. With 749NU plan existence 949UL is of no use. Simply 1 day of downloading in 949NU = 3 hours on 749NU.U still got 5 hours of upto 2Mbps left to play with & icing on the cake is u are paying 200 bucks less.

I am on mtnl 949pm u/l plan since two months. From day i got the connection the speeds were at max 36KBps which is viable for the 288Kbps downstream bandwidth they provide.But since wednesday morning this week, my downstream has been upgraded to 2Mbps providing me consistent speeds of ~240KBps over ftp, http & p2p networks as well :thumbsup: ! but what's sad is that my upstream still remains a pesky 256Kbps :wall:I have consistently used mtnl connection & had made ~ 30GB transfers even with 256Kbps downstream for each of the two months of usage.My mtnl online account summary too has no mention of the recent upgrade.

Back