MTNL Dlink DSL 502T + Netgear WGR614v5

• Thread starter Thread starter ankitmadan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 4,684

ankitmadan

ISP
You Telecomn
I'm using D-Link DSL502T as my primary ISP router clubbed with a Netgear WGR614v5 router to make my place WiFi.
The DLink router generates IPs of the range 192.168.1.x and the Netgear thing is configured at IPs 192.168.5.x.

Trouble 1.
Using Torrents .. port forwarding is happening but fluctuates according to the mood of the routers.
is it by default that both the routers have to be configured for the same ? If yes ... then what IPs should i use as configured ranges ? I run the Torrent client from my Laptop ... so it shows the LAN address as 192.168.5.x

Trouble 2.
I need to host Counter Strike servers, again from my Laptop.
My external IP is shown as 59.176.99.146 which is the static IP assigned to me.
Now, whenever i host, the LAN IP is exposed n not the external IP.Will port forwarding help treat this ?
I'm dying to host the servers.. n would portforwarding help reduce LAG while playing the game?

Trouble 3.
When i set the rules in the virtual servers page of the router and set my 6881 open.. i get very nice speeds on my torrent client(something like 100kbps) and on checking it with the speed guide in the torrent software ... it says that the port is being forwarded properly.but after sometime .. it automatically resets.And the applied rules are also reset.
The Save and Reboot button on the DLink modem page also does not work.I just click it and nothing happens.

Any Inputs for the same ?

Please help me out on this one !

Thanks ..

the results from speedtest:
https://www.speedtest.net

FileZilla - The free FTP solution
My external IP is shown as 59.176.99.146 which is the static IP assigned to me.

This is Dynamic IP. will change.

FileZilla - The free FTP solution
This is Dynamic IP. will change.

Hmmm thei was the IP given to me on mail.It hasn't changed since the past 5-6 months ... Still can it change ?

Posting a screenshot from my online account of ISP

http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/3020/mtnlvk7.jpg

Sorry. I stand corrected if you are on a Business tariff plan and has been allotted a static IP. Usually we are on Home plans and only Dynamic Ip's are used.
For instance my IP now is 59.92.3.3 will change often.
gateway is ( wait)
Default Gateway: 59.92.0.1 Primary DNS Server: 218.248.255.145 Secondary DNS Server: 218.248.240.24

http://www.ip2location.com/ib1/

Update : 0612 pm disconnected/reconnected 59.92.75.211

mmm ... ok My with my scheme 949 Unlimited, there is a free static IP Alloted, which is other wise costing 2000/- per year ...But anyways ... this is what was old to me by MTNL people and they are ******... I trust u guys n online information more than them.Their Call Center people dont even know how to configure modems for opening one port on NAT ... if i start using technical terms , the ****** hang-up and i am irritated because i'm trying to fix up my connection and they "HANG UP" ... n this happens when i get to them after atleast 10 tries and additional 10 minutes of waiting time while my call is being routed.I can kill those MTNL Call Center people.Freakin ****** :|

Line Rate - Upstream (Kbps):510Line Rate - Downstream (Kbps):2044 LAN IP Address: 192.168.1.1 MAC Address: 00-08-5C-D0-B1-99 Default Gateway: 59.92.64.1 Primary DNS Server: 218.248.255.145 Secondary DNS Server: 218.248.240.24

Trouble 3 :D-Link Support
Please go to bottom of menu at left ,and select your /router.
Router does not save settings Print
To save settings into the router's memory click on Apply.
Go to Tools > Save and Reboot page. Under Save and Reboot > Force the router to system restart > click on REBOOT button. This will save the settings and reboot the router.

If you are running firmware ver.2 or above you can save the settings under Tools > [ System ] > Save & Reboot.

ine Rate - Upstream (Kbps):510Line Rate - Downstream (Kbps):2044 LAN IP Address: 192.168.1.1 MAC Address: 00-08-5C-D0-B1-99 Default Gateway: 59.92.64.1 Primary DNS Server: 218.248.255.145 Secondary DNS Server: 218.248.240.24

whats this ? you details ?

yes . to show how both my Ip and default gateway changes often.Check your IP at the link given and confirm.

yes . to show how both my Ip and default gateway changes often.
Check your IP at the link given and confirm.

oh .. yea ... i got that ... but my IP remains fixed ... :P
yea.. fom the link too .. its the same as mentioned above

Back