• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 15
  • Views Views 4,787

amish

Star gazer
I got banned!
ISP
MTNL Mumbai BB_600 @12mbps
Today I just happened to visit my MTNL email box after abt may be year. And I found so many emails from MTNL helpdesk stating, in advance, the scheduled downtime of triband in different areas.

They also informed by email whenever my plan got changed.

I had set up email forwarding but seems like it was not working, so i missed them.

Here are few samples:
Subject: Renewal of Account

Dear Subscriber,

Your account with login "nnnnnnnn" has been renewed with DSL_TRIB_200P plan.

Thank you for using our service.

Thanks and Regards,
Helpdesk Internet,
MTNL Mumbai

Subject: Triband Service Interruption For Andheri,Darpan,ATC(Air Traffic Contral)-darpan Exchange Area

MTNL Mumbai Newsletter December 19, 2007
Triband Services interruption
A maintenance activity is planned at 2200 Hrs on 19/12/2007.

Due to this, there may be transient service interruption from 2200 Hrs on 19/12/2007 to 0600 Hrs on 20/12/2007 for some of the Triband users of Andheri,Darpan,ATC(Air Traffic Control)-Darpan Exchange area.

Please bear with us.
For more Information contact MTNL Mumbai Helpdesk on 1800 22 88 44
or email [email protected].

There are several such emails.

I am surprised to see that MTNL does everything planned. Its just that forwarding of mail didnt work.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's good. BSNL never does this!

One more e-mail where MTNL tries to clarify on speed issue as per TRAI guidelines:

Subject: TRAI notification dtd 06.10.2006 for QoS of Broadband service.

MTNL Mumbai Newsletter Dec 13, 2006
Speed of MTNL Triband.
There have been enquiries from customers regarding speed of Triband Connection. The following is submitted for information of our esteemed customers:

1) Extract of TRAI notification dated 06.10.2006 for QoS of Brobaband Services - \" Keeping the reasonable loading level in intra-network links upto ISP node, the benchmark has been prescribed that service providers shall ensure the speed of Broadband connection is greater than 80 % of the subscribed speed.\"

2) TCP and ATM overhead can go as high as 13 % of the specified speed when counting application data transfer rate. The speed subscribed includes these overheads as per industry practice globally.

3) If you are seeing data down-load in KB(Kilo Byte), you need to multiply by 8 to arrive at Kbps (Kilobits per sec.).

Customers are generally getting throughput of about 230 Kbps at subscribed speed of 256 Kbps, which is reasonably high as per TRAI benchmark.
Administrator
Broadband Unit.

Click Here to check your Triband Speed Now.

Update:
Looks like MTNL doesnt have email forwarding option. So now I have setup POPing in Yahoo mail. And while doing so I realised that Yahoo too now allows to send emails using other email ids (just like gmail does)

Update 2:
MTNL ran some survery/poll on spam email policy in July, just for the people who wud like to participate
Customer feedback on filter option on spam emails in MTNL Webmail Service ::

thanks for the info AmishI have'nt check my mtnl email account till todaywill check it out when i have time.

@gadgetcrazyI dont know if MTNL delhi does same.@anulet us know if u got them as well

yes mtnl sends mail in advance about server downtimes/plan change/offers etc regularly. Its the best ISP........

bsnl i agree but not airtel. but then both these ISPs count uploads, MTNL doesnt. thats huge plus point compared to other ISPs

Back