MTNL server time

• Thread starter Thread starter sam909
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 27
  • Views Views 6,702
then i think the server time has only been sync-ed with IST in mumbai. can any mumbai-ite check this out?

i guess it is still two min fast.checked through atomic clock n bb in bridge mode

oh yeah...i forgot to mention. i had set my system clock to 2mins behind IST time. so akash is correct, the mtnl server time is behind by 2mins. but much better than before where the time diff wud be atleast 20mins!!! i hope they keep a constant check on their server time(like thats gonna ever happen :P )

Originally posted by yohu123@Mar 5 2006, 01:16 AM
ive noticed that since 1st march, mtnl has reset their server time. now the time is in exact sync with IST (give or take 45secs). cud anyone else confirm this? also, if mtnl has finally come to its senses(in solving one in a million problems) and has reset their server time, we will have to reset our schedulers too to prevent the router from connecting before 12am and disconnecting much earlier than 8am.
[snapback]43623[/snapback]
[/quote]

Yes have noticed that too. Previously was something like 15 min. behind IST. Now is as per IST. Hope they keep it consistent.

ya it was 15 min behindbut now it is 1-2 min faster

hmmm..., nothing like this in delhi, mtnl's server clock is still about 20 mins ahead of my pc clock which is synchronized with time.nist.gov .i checked it this morning only.

Originally posted by mystery_inc18@Mar 6 2006, 12:58 AM
hmmm..., nothing like this in delhi, mtnl's server clock is still about 20 mins ahead of my pc clock which is synchronized with  time.nist.gov .i checked it this morning only.
[snapback]43730[/snapback]
[/quote]
Ya!!!
Jus confirmed it 2day morn...
B)

why is MTNL doing this? Maybe to throw our automatic schedules out of whack.and hence charge for downloads partially which occured in NU time..how hard could it be to set it at IST and keep it there??

^^exactly!!also, if u guys have noticed when u disconnect/connect simultaneously, ur logout time will be after the next login time...seems they're using 2 clocks :o

Back