MTNL Speed drop

mlokhandwala

ISP
MTNL 999 Unlimited
I have been using the MTNL 999 Unlimited plan since about 6 months. All was well but in the last 3 weeks the performance of the connection has suddenly dropped significantly. I have tried Speedtest.net 10-15 times and it really fluctuates in the reading. It may reach 1 Mb some times but its not stable, mostly much lower.I think MTNL switched something in recent days to regulate or limit bandwidth OR its reduced its bandwidth for unlimited users. MTNL helpdesk was most unhelpful. The server room they asked me to call refused to help, pushing me back to the 1504, which could not help at all.Have others noticed this reduction in recent days?BTW I use the WNDR3700 Netgear dual band N router and DSL502T CPE from MTNL.

Had the same problem couple of weeks ago, looks like most of Mumbai are having this problems of late in stages. Looks like MTNL is doing some maintenance or upgradation :hysterical:

the problem is since last 1 month.I am getting G.DMT instead of ADSL2+ G.DMT is ADSL1

Does MTNL have anything to say about this? Or are they keen on committing suicide by losing its loyal customers to private players. Has anyone connected with MTNL management about this? Where do we shout out for this? I am willing to write letters/emails or make calls if I get the right set of people to address it to.

think they are upgrading network putting people on older networks.... see wait some time till the problem gets sorted out.... same thing happened in delhi

I had slow speeds Friday night and yesterday morning. Since last night my connection is rocking.

Back