MTNL speed issue

• Thread starter Thread starter petfrog
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 15
  • Views Views 3,408

petfrog

ISP
MTNL
Hi I am a MTNL Triband user for about 4 months now.Last month in April that is, I had the DSL_Unlimited_599 plan then in May I shifted to DSL_Unlimited_749 plan.The download speed I used to get in the 599 plan was 60 kB/s and now even after changing to the 749 plan, my download speed remains 60 kB/s !:huh:I called the customer care and they register my complaint everytime and nothing happens !!:madness:Now, I am paying more and getting less.Are MTNL blocking my traffic ?

go into your router and check your downstream.If you are sure speed has not changed call 1504 and place a complaint.That should fix it

I checked my downstream it says 600 kbps !And I complained numerous times on 1504...still no luck !

Write a polite email to the GM & DGM (Broadband) explaining your case & mention all the complaint numbers you have accumulated. That should do the trick, if it does not then write a stinker to the ED. All email id's are available in the wiki.

I went today to the telephone exchange of my area and the guy there says 600 kbps downstream is actually OK for a 752 kbps connection, also I won't get download speeds exceeding 60kB/s.Can you guys tell me how much download speed should I get for my connection ?

85kb/s should be about right

OK, thanks for your help y2s and socrates ! :)I'll mail the GM & DGM today, as socrates said, let's see what they can do about this.Will post here when they reply.

That mail to the GM worked !I told him that I am getting 60 kB/s instead of 95 kB/s on my connection and today I am getting around 90 kB/s ! :)One little mistake -I should have told him I should get around 250 kB/s ! :P

That mail to the GM worked !
I told him that I am getting 60 kB/s instead of 95 kB/s on my connection and today I am getting around 90 kB/s ! :)

One little mistake -
I should have told him I should get around 250 kB/s ! :P

Can you please give me the email address and the persons name and designation u emailed to?

Back